Thread: Lon to WebCtrl

Is it possible to interface Lon controllers to a WebCtrl system?

If the WebCntrl can function as advertised... sure.

Why?

Frankly...... I was sitting in front of a pc with WebCtrl up earlier today. The customer told me he had a small job in a bldg other than where the ALS controls were. He wanted to convert some VAVS from pneumatics to DDC. I told him to go with LON. He said he was willing if he could interface it with the WebCtrl front end. I told him that I thought it could be done but wasn't sure how to go about. Said "I know who to ask". So I typed the question.

In his mind he doesnt want to add another 'front end'. I explained that it wasn't necessary, just access an Ilon with the same PC as the WebCtrl. I guess he wants to save on the cost of the software. Its a very small job. Could probably do it with WebGen if he didnt want programming capability. Which by the way he doesnt have with the ALS either.

Can WebCtrl access data from an Ilon? Via XML/SOAP?

... if it works as advertised.

However, if you need ALC support you can probably have it less expensively via the ilon100. (with no software)

I don't think ALC will expose their XML/Soap methods that readily/easily so you could interface directly with other systems;ie iLON100.
    I am afraid, they will probably tell you to buy their LON webportal, and charge you $$ for programming it.
    I could be wrong though, let me know if I am.