8yr old Bryant 90+ burner problem

8yr old Bryant 90+ burner problem

I was out today installing a secondary h/x in a 8 year old bryant 90 furnace. 2 stage, variable inducer and blower. I guess there has been some problems with these h/x. Well any way my problem is the burners. when the burners come on(low fire) sometimes one or two of the burners will have flame all the way back to the orfice causing the burner to get red hot and orange flame. if i blow on it, it will go back to normal, in front of burner cone. this fluctuates between all the burners. sometime it may not do it at all. at high fire, its fine. dont get it inlet pressure 12.5" outlet 4.9", intake air ok. its gonna soot it up if it stays this way. Any tips? I installed primary and secondary h/x. Are these junk or what?
    '

no gas pro's out there??

what the heck causes burning at the orfice??? low gas press?? someones got to know.

Thats the kind of info we talk about in the restricted pro only areas. In this forum, it would be a violation of our no DIY rules. And leave the info out in the open for DIYers to use.

Get your post count up to 15 and apply for pro membership.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Thats the kind of info we talk about in the restricted pro only areas. In this forum, it would be a violation of our no DIY rules. And leave the info out in the open for DIYers to use.

Get your post count up to 15 and apply for pro membership.
    Im trying to get in pro. I sent the info. How long does it take? no response yet. I didnt scan my my epa universal. Im not asking you to tell me how to fix it. Just, want to know what causes gas to burn at the orfice.

Quote Originally Posted by billymons View Post
    Im trying to get in pro. I sent the info. How long does it take? no response yet. I didnt scan my my epa universal. Im not asking you to tell me how to fix it. Just, want to know what causes gas to burn at the orfice.
    now I see. I have to make 15 new posts to apply for pro????

does that include any posts to any threads????

Did you read this part?

" These posts must have "technical substance". "Joy posting" will not be considered."

Quote Originally Posted by billymons View Post
    now I see. I have to make 15 new posts to apply for pro????
    Your post count must be 15 or more before you send it in. Or they don't look at it.

The info you have in your profile the better.

There are several threads on things such as air flow, setting up thermostats for dual fuel systems, noise problems, etc. That post in those threads about what it could be will count.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Your post count must be 15 or more before you send it in. Or they don't look at it.

The info you have in your profile the better.

There are several threads on things such as air flow, setting up thermostats for dual fuel systems, noise problems, etc. That post in those threads about what it could be will count.
    Thanks beenthere Im new to forums so wasnt sure. It'll take some time but Ill respond to threads eventually. Dont spend much time on the computer.