Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good Luck Tin.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

hey im not offended. im here to learn. i am talking about a heat pump txv.

the external equalizer line allows the txv to have the pressure just past the bulb on the suction line as the force along with the spring force to counter the force from the bulb. its used when there is a large drop in pressure across an equalizer and large coil this keeps the coil from starving.
    Goodbyee stranger it's been nice. Hope you find your paradise! Hey it aint rocket science, "It's a Trade !"

resolute

Get those brain cells to churnin.

What does the valve do if the suction line (sensing bulb) is cold and low pressure? Does it open or close?

What does the valve do if the sensing bulb is real hot and high pressure?

What is the temp of the sensing bulb and pressure that the equalizer tube seeing during heat pump operation?

After answering those questions and it 'clicks'... go here...
    http://www.cfcc.edu/faculty/jpadgett...%20Devices.htm

Originally posted by wormy
    Tin
    My prayers go out for you and your family in the struggles you are facing.
    When faced with problems, there are several ways to approach the solution. Beer and whiskey run downhill, and they'll only take you down with it.
    Here's a link to some people who will help get you on the right path not only financially, but also help in more ways than you can imagine. I hope you seriously consider
    looking into this.
    http://www.crown.org/financialwisdom...udgetcoach.asp

Wormy, as one brother to other brother, I sincerely appreciate your stand.
    and Tin don't be so hard on yourself we all "at least us" are going through some tough times and the only thing that has help my company through all this is my faith number one and my belief that the Lord does not want me in debt, yes rent, food, gas you know these things are a given, but one of the guys that started with me last summer got out and hustled and made a ton didn't save bought a house, new truck, and he went into a deep depression during the winter and melted down a few credit cards, I tried to tell him to cool it and put back for the winter but he would not listen. I have been in this business for over 27 years and had "many" tough times but I learned from them and become a better manager of my finances this has become a very competitive business from when I started out, but most people out there are like Doctors are to us we don't like to change, and they will refer you and stick with you as long as you are honest and sincere with them as we have always been. I never got into this business to make a killing I got into it because I loved this business and I love to help folks out in need when I can, I worked for a boss in the early 70's that had the attitude if someone was hot and broke well "to bad" and I think God he was that way because that is why I am in my own business today, we all struggle with lots of everyday grinds of life but we must continue to fight during the hard times and learn how to live during these times, I used to tell folks we eat beans during the winter and steak in the summer so don't expect to keep your head above the water going into winter with a steak attitude I have seen many competitor fall with that attitude.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

hi
    first i would like to thank all of you for your kind words and thoughts. i was supprized and they did make me feel better about myself. boss got word of me thinking about getting out and he and i talked for a long time about it.
    we have become good friends over the years and i hate that man when he is right. he showed me letters he has recieve over the years about me from coustomers. a drawer full he said about two a month. told me if i left for another co. he could dael with it but to leave the trade it would be a mistake. he said he was impressed i was able to hold it together this long and should have done it ten years ago
    when i got devorsed instead of beating a dead horse and carring all that det for so long from her. i may not be all that smart compared to some but i am a good tech and installer. the coustomers think so to i guess
    god has a funny way of showing things and doing things
    it would seem to be the best thing to happen after all
    every thing left over from my marrage and devorse is no longer a burdon on me and my new relationship. now i can put it asise and move on the right way with out any thing from the past getting in the way. sucks being stuborne
    found a place to move and the owner is a good friend that needs a tenent at least for a year. got a lot of support from some of my other friends like you also understand and say the same thing as my boss. go figure who knew not me
    god does things strange but he does them
    thank you all

Tin,

I was wondering if you were able to contact anyone at the web site I mentioned.

I listen to their radio program everyonce in a while.
    They talk about how alot of people see filing for bankrupcy
    to be the end of their problems, but its actually not.
    If you haven't talked to them yet, I highly recommend it.
    It would give you an awesome insite to get things back
    on the right track.

Sounds like God's showed you a glimpse of what he could do
    and how he could pull people together to help you out.

wormy
    i have
    my email is in my profile if you like
    there has been a lot of emotional support given from a few good friends and from my church. this is why my outlook is brighter and no it is not going to be easy but at least it will be a start not an end

Great to hear the good news.
    Didnt' realize that was your email adress.
    Thought it was a web address that led nowhere hehe.

Take care and hang in there.

Originally posted by tinknocker service tech
    it is the little tube coming off the side of the valve and going to the suction line
    your profile says nate certified for ac and heat pumps
    so much for nate
    LMAO I second that.

But I have a question wouldn't a TEV be a valve with no equalization as opposed to the TXV an externally equalized valve or am I destroying NATE's reputation too?

[Edited by thehumid1 on 05-06-2005 at 02:18 PM]

Originally posted by wormy
    resolute

Get those brain cells to churnin.

What does the valve do if the suction line (sensing bulb) is cold and low pressure? Does it open or close?

What does the valve do if the sensing bulb is real hot and high pressure?

What is the temp of the sensing bulb and pressure that the equalizer tube seeing during heat pump operation?

After answering those questions and it 'clicks'... go here...
    http://www.cfcc.edu/faculty/jpadgett...%20Devices.htm
    I check out that URL, very good outlines. Did you attend Cape Fear? Wasn't that a horror movie title?

md

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12