Herman Cain for President - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    no, THANK YOU very much! you just proved my point! a hardcore repub who repeats the same old propaganda! freedom bad, big government good...... no thanks, thats what got us here in the first place. by the way the libertarian party believes drug laws, decency laws. adoption laws etc. should be decided LOCALLY.
    Well if locally means states rights, states deciding what laws we should have then I am all for it. Please define "LOCALLY" if you mean states rights then we are all on board. Adoption should be a state concern along with "marriage" and drugs.

Morality laws "strip clubs, etc. a local concern. But you can not have immigration laws however without the feds involved otherwise each state would have to have there own border guards. Just what do you mean by locally. Please explain your self or is chaos the word here. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    no, THANK YOU very much! you just proved my point! a hardcore repub who repeats the same old propaganda! freedom bad, big government good...... no thanks, thats what got us here in the first place. By the way the libertarian party believes drug laws, decency laws. adoption laws etc. should be decided LOCALLY.
    I can go along with this.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well if locally means states rights, states deciding what laws we should have then I am all for it. Please define "LOCALLY" if you mean states rights then we are all on board. Adoption should be a state concern along with "marriage" and drugs.

Morality laws "strip clubs, etc. a local concern. But you can not have immigration laws however without the feds involved otherwise each state would have to have there own border guards. Just what do you mean by locally. Please explain your self or is chaos the word here. Thank you, thank you very much
    In days past... Libertarian meant 'childish rebellion to not grow up'...

Now a days Libertarian means less federal government.

As to the local... I agree mostly with what Glenn says... I think regulation of bars and strip clubs is a city/county issue, not a state issue. I also believe public schools is a city/state issue... probably will get in trouble for that last one.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post

the immigration issue is debated amongst libertarians all the time. i happen to be a stict constitutionalist sort of libertarian. i think the federal government is responsible for protecting our borders and protecting those who cannot protect themselves. some libertarians are caught in an embarrasing conundrum of favoring open borders yet not getting involved in foriegn wars. you can't say the federal constitution is there to keep us out of all foreign wars but not there to provide national security at our ports and borders. i will say the anarchist influence (no government) in the libertarian party is way way over stated. usually by dems and repubs. as for local government the libertarians favor it to the point that it was at during the first 50 or so years of the U.S.A. states ,counties and municipal governments get to decide what the moral standards of the community are. the federal government is responsible for protecting the ports and borders, printing money, delivering mail, providing embassies abroad,regulating INTERSTATE commerce, international commerce, and providing for national defense.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I can go along with this.

Okay so how about this for 2012 (like it would happen!) Ron and Rand Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post

Okay so how about this for 2012 (like it would happen!) Ron and Rand Paul?
    If I thought they were electable... I would go for it... I have not watched Rand yet... but I believe his father just does not have the Charisma to be POTUS. The job requires a specific style of communication skills... if one does not have it... they have less than a snowball's chance in h*ll of being elected.

Take a careful look at the public speaking ability of the presidents you have seen... and compare this to Ron or Rand.... (FORGET WHAT THEY BELIEVE, LOOK ONLY AT THEIR PUBLIC SPEAKING ABILITY) Tell me what you see.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456