Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I've been a Cain supporter for a long time. He has a good following here in Georgia, but I'm not sure the national Republican Party will get behind him. And that will need to happen if he is to become a viable candidate for the presidency.

He is 65. He is probably as potent as he will ever be, and in his best position to try for a launch.

Obama paved the way for him, in a way.
    He will grow on people in the next two years.

If he loses in the primaries (or sooner), he will still be a force to be reckoned with, and will help guarantee the success of the Republican candidate.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

I wouldn't get to far ahead of ourselves.

I have said this before. IF NObama gets people back to work and by some miracle he gets the economy back on track, the Muslim will be a shoe-in. You can forget about putting ANYONE up against him.
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

I think it is becoming pretty obvious to a lot of independents that he is more naive than Carter, and I seriously doubt that he will ever have enough fiscal sense and responsibility to turn a failing lemonade stand around, much less the most reckless economy the US has ever had.
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Couple of thoughts:

Herman Cain is probably the worst nitemare of the Dem's: He is black, a conservative, a good speaker, a successful businessperson, has a proven bloodline to a slave yet grew himself to be successful, and most of all, can articulate speech... However: IMO he does not have the 'charisma' to swing crowds... which seems to be the #1 thing folks vote for these days... (idiot voters).

I doubt Cain is electable... just like Sarah Palin is not electable... However they both can stir the pot enough to keep liberals from snowing the public into voting for the libs.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Cain can develop momentum.
    When Obama ran against Hilary, he was the dark horse...
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    I think it is becoming pretty obvious to a lot of independents that he is more naive than Carter, and I seriously doubt that he will ever have enough fiscal sense and responsibility to turn a failing lemonade stand around, much less the most reckless economy the US has ever had.
    I will agree. All I'm saying is, don't but the horse before the cart
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I will agree. All I'm saying is, don't but the horse before the cart
    I feel the BO will win a second term. He has already geared his agenda in this way. People who pay no taxes and get free stuff can vote. Why would they vote for someone who wants to take that away? No Republican or Independant holds a candle to a free ride. If you question that , just look at my state of CT and see what we are going thru at this time:
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/02/...ore-expensive/

Wow! That's a lotta taxes!

It's just the opposite here in GA:

Georgia reluctant to raise tax rates

By Walter C. Jones
    Morris News Service
    Saturday, Feb. 12, 2011

ATLANTA --- Legislatures in some states have grudgingly raised taxes to help them tide the government over the tax-collections slump triggered by the recent recession. Not Georgia.

Illinois is the most notable by boosting income-tax rates 66 percent earlier this year, but other states have either boosted them or are considering it.

In fiscal year 2010, 29 states enacted increases in taxes or fees for a total of $24 billion, according to the Council of State Government.

For the current fiscal year, states raised another $6 billion in added taxes and fees, according to the National Association of State Budget Officers.

In Georgia last year, lawmakers raised hundreds of fees, eliminated $55 million in sales-tax exemptions and levied a new tax on the revenue of hospitals. Those higher fees, though, brought in $27 million less than projected.

This year's budget writers are cutting spending, first to account for the lower fee revenue and second to account for federal stimulus funds that expire.

They are looking at a $2 billion shortage from the state's revenue peak in fiscal year 2008. Since then, some of the biggest spending programs have gained more beneficiaries, such as Medicaid, PeachCare for Kids and enrollment in all levels or education.

A coalition of more than 60 advocacy groups(my bold) such as AARP, Georgia Association of Educators and the American Cancer Society is making daily appeals for a tax increase to forestall those cuts to social services.

Calling itself 2020 Georgia, the coalition writes, "A balanced approach that brings in enough money to pay the bills and invest in the future is the real solution for the challenges Georgians face every day. Balance today holds down costs tomorrow and makes Georgia an attractive place to raise a family and start a business."

The health groups in the coalition call for a $1 added to the cigarette tax to raise $300 million while also discouraging some from lighting up .

"There is a reluctance to even suggest raising taxes because there are so many people who have taken a pledge not to raise taxes," said Senate Minority Leader Robert Brown of Macon.

Gov. Nathan Deal often says, "We must grow ourselves out of this situation. We cannot tax ourselves out." His prescription, one shared by the other Republican leaders of the General Assembly, is to lower business taxes and regulations so that companies can put people back to work who'll then pay taxes as the economy improves.
    http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/go...aise-tax-rates
    Vacuum Technology:

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

It's been awhile guy's. Just wanted to share my thoughts on this topic.

I do like Herman Cain. I only get to hear him when he fills in for Bortz. Truthfully Bortz is arrogant but Cain is very likable.

As much as I like Herman Cain I don't think he has a chance. There has already been a black conservative that has run for president and has yet to even beat Obama for a senate seat. His name is Alan Keyes.

On August 8, 2004 with 86 days to go before the general election the Illinois Republican Party drafted Alan Keyes to run against Democratic Illinois Senate member and future President of the United States Barack Obama for the U.S. Senate...
    Here is what Keyes believes.

He also advocated ending the income tax, establishing state-sanctioned prayer in public schools, and abolishing abortion.
    Keyes supports an amendment to the Constitution barring same-sex marriage.
    Keyes defined homosexuality as centering in the pursuit of pleasure, literally "selfish hedonism"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Keyes
    I have rooted for Keyes in the past but the problem doesn't lie with the candidate. It lies with the Republican Party.

For some reason, and I don't think it's racism, the Republican party is not conservative enough. Alan Keyes has the experience, especially on foriegn policy and is very conservative yet the Republican party is bent on putting up a candidate against the Democrat party that is too middle of the road.

We, conservatives, need someone that is not going to bend to liberal ideas.
    Even if it means putting up a candidate that is too far right. I would rather vote for someone that has true conservative values and has sincere allegiance to this country.

Right now, my vote is for Donald Trump.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

I also am a big Keyes fan and have voted for him in three primaries.

The reason we cannot get a true conservative candidate is not because the party is not conservative, it is because of the primary process. We start with the Iowa Caucus, and then New Hampshire there is no solidly conservative state primaries till a quarter of the way through the primaries. This gives an artificial boost to the more liberal leaning candidates so all of the money and the RNC backing goes to a liberal.

Until the primary lineup changes we are screwed!

Herman Cain would be a great President!!! Probably as good or better than Reagan(IMHO-And I love Reagan). I know that will get a few squalking but his Conservatism is on par with Reagan and his business sense would far surpass that of Reagan.

Now, whether he can get elected, that one is up in the air. I have to agree with others in this thread that the RNC is not conservative and the primary "arrangement" is just that, an arrangement to get a particular candidate of "choice" to be the nominee or at a minimum the front runner.

How about Cain/Christie 2012....There would be some hatred spewing from the left toward that lineup, huh?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast