Thread: Nooby question

Question Nooby question

What exactly does a referral to the website do for you? Just for show? Or do you get a pat on the back of sorts? Just wondering. If this thread isn't in the right section let me know and I'll delete it or move it.....if I can. Lmao. Also is it possible to make the oldest post show first and not last? It kinda gets frustrating trying to read what the thread was originally about and having to go to the last page then scroll all the way down.

Thanks
    Last edited by RMS John; 02-10-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: 2nd question

What is a referral to a website mean? There is a thread tool box at the top where you can customize the way you view the posts
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

It's been a long time since you signed up on the forum I see. But when you sign up it has a referral box. Kinda strange. But I figured I'd ask because I have someone thats looking to get into the HVAC world and I gave him this site to take a look and see if it would be something he would be interested in. Thanks for your help.

never heard of a referral anything around here

if someone wants to acknowledge who told them about this site, that's been done.

but there isn't a reward system for referrals

with all the changes made, there may be???????????
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't looking for a reward. Some sites I've seen in the public profile it will say if someone has referred anyone or not. Hopefully its a person that doesn't cause drama or make the person look stupid. It's not usually a big deal. I couldn't imagine that it would be a big deal unless you wanted everybody and their mother joining a site and posting. Which is not what you really want in this case.
    Last edited by RMS John; 02-11-2011 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Added Picture Attachment

can't make the picture out real good, but, I think that is used when you apply for pro membership

It says:
    Referrer
    If you were referred to this site by an existing member of HVAC-Talk: Heating, Air & Refrigeration Discussion, enter their username here.

I zoomed in and made the picture bigger.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The administrator may have enabled referrals, which allows you to be credited for any new users you invite to the forum.

You gain referrals by promoting HVAC-Talk: Heating, Air & Refrigeration Discussion using your unique referral link. The link you should use as your referral link is this:

http://HVAC-Talk.com/vbb/index.php?referrerid=11796

Each time someone follows this link to HVAC-Talk: Heating, Air & Refrigeration Discussion and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one. The number of referrals you have can be viewed in your profile.

Your administrator will have more information on any prizes or rewards that may be given out for referrals. Please be courteous when promoting HVAC-Talk: Heating, Air & Refrigeration Discussion by not spamming other web sites with your referral link just to gain referrals.

go to home page
    hit search
    type refer in search box

now on a side note if this thread had been in general forun and possibly titled referals to website, i'd venture a mod or someone else would have been able to let you in on the secret

that took more effort than i generally expend