Thread: Carrier Infinity Thermostat - Celsius display?

Post Likes
    OK, I'm up here in Canada and have a newly installed Carrier Infinity thermostat which appears that it only supports Fahrenheit. I went through manual and all configuration screens and can't seem to find an option to display temperatures in Celsius (???). 1-800-CARRIER told me it can, but won't provide details !!! Can anybody help? Thanks!

Post Likes
    Call your contractor before things get messed up.
    He'll help you...
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Post Likes
    Yes you can,

You need to go into install service menu.
    ( Hold advanced button for 20 seconds )

Enter setup, at the setup proceed to
    "english/metric display", select C.

Don't mess with any other settings.

Brian

[Edited by browntigerus on 04-29-2005 at 11:17 AM]

Post Likes
    Made a mistake. Deleted the post

[Edited by deme on 04-30-2005 at 12:14 AM]

Post Likes

fractional celcius degrees?

Glad to hear that the Infinity tstat can display Celcius (C)degrees. But ...

Does anyone know if the user interface can accept/display fractional degree Celcius?

1C degree change is equal 1.8F degree change. It would be a major disappointment if temporary setpoints had to be whole celcius degrees.

Post Likes

Thumbs down

Yes, unfortunately it can not do fractional degrees (in F or C), but seriously I don't find that such a big deal since I already have a lot of air temp stratification in my home (yes, with furnace fan & ERV running continuously).

And incidentally, I had to educate my so-called contractor on how to operate the thermostat (!!).

[Edited by robroy on 10-12-2005 at 04:33 PM]

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    It does 100ths of a degree internally,just won't display that way.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by dash
    Hi Dash: In the fahrenheit scale does the Carrier Thermidistat register in 100ths internally too? When they explain in the thermidistat operating instructions it says that the anticipator is ajustable range from 1 to 9, default is 3.Is this 1 to 9 range 100ths of a degree? I would like to add when I had my thermidstat in the fahrenheit scale(it's installed in the hall right outside of the main bathroom)it would activate when ever anybody walked by it. I tryed adjusting it all the way to 9, but didn't seem to make much difference. So recently I put in the Celcius scale with the same anticipator selection and it didn't seem to be as sensitive when anybody walked by it. Any ideas?

Thanks, Thorton

[Edited by thorton on 10-12-2005 at 07:52 PM]

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    I don't know about the Thermidistat and 100ths,doubt it does,as it was a tauted feature of Infinity.

Post Likes
    posted by dash
    The fact remains that the resolution at the tstat UI for setting a setpoint is almost twice as coarse when using Celcius.

The internal resolution only gives the tstat the potential of maintaining/predicting the setpoint given the appropriate algorithm.

Post Likes
    robroy: How's it going, eh? I ran my Infinity on deg C for a while and found the temp swings in the house were too much. Depending on what I had it set at, either it got just a wee bit too cool before the heat would come on or it would get just a wee bit too hot before the heat would go off. As mentioned, that's because 1 deg C equals 1.8 deg F.

So, I switched to deg F and things are better, now. Basically, running it on deg F is the same as having fractional settings for deg C (like 20.5 (68.9), 21.0 (69.8), 21.5 (70.7)).

The only problem is, if you are a young 'un, you don't know what Fahrenheit is... It's like something you only heard about... ;-)

Just be careful if you decide to switch to Fahrenheit. If someone squeels on you the Metric police will be knocking on your door...ha, ha...

Post Likes
    Hey Garry, it's goin' grrrrrrrreat, eh! I haven't gone through a heating cycle yet in my new home so I may have to switch back to F for more granularity .. we'll see soon enough (brrrrrr, getting cold already!). Sorry, gotta run to Timmy's for a double double...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in