Thread: not blowing cold air

Post Likes

Thumbs down

I live in a townhome that's four years old. when I turn on the A/C the unit cuts on but no cold air blows...just air. The fan is on Auto and lever is to cool..(checked the obvious), I have also tripped the breaker box once. What is the deal.....? Any secrets before calling a repairman? Also, my dog happens to pee on the edge of the unit some....not directly on it, but their is a little build up....but it is not going directly in the unit....Help

Post Likes
    chances are you need a tech. be prepared to replace the unit . dog urine is the worst thing you can do to the coil
    it will eat the copper and there is nothing can be done to prevent it. i just replaced a unit that was twwo years old same thing dog going just alittle in one corner and the coil was eatien up and leaked
    put a fence arround the unit so the dog can not pee on it or you may be doing this every couple years
    if this is the problem

Post Likes
    We can't not tell you what's wrong from here. You already did the things we could tell you to check.

Best advice, open your windows and call your contractor on Monday.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Post Likes

Question dog pee

Thanks for the reply....I just looked at the unit and there is a corner that looks corrodid.(sp?) But these are copper coils.....I read that aluminum are the ones that corrode not copper...is this true?

Post Likes
    I doubt dog pee is the problem.

Post Likes
    dog pee will eat copper, not as fast as aluminum. is outdoor unit running, or just indoor blower? 2 seperate breakers. if running & not cooling shut down till serviced.

Post Likes
    It's obvious to me, the dog hates you.
    Replace the dog.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in