Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodman

Post Likes

Talking

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    My guess is that the equipment was bought directly by the homeowner who had some jackleg install it for a case of beer. Note to people who think they are going to save money this way; Don't provide the beer till after the job is finished.
    And the system is working the way it should.

Post Likes

Robo....

In most case's it wouldn't matter. The friend is normally not looking out for the best interest of the other party. Unlike, a company that requires a good reputation to stay in business.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by chillbilly
    I agree Chadster. I like other stuff but I am convinced Goodman is doing better and can be a good fit in many applications, especially a 500 unit complex where cost may be a factor.
    I would not stand a chance of winning a bid using Carrier or Trane versus Goodman in an application like that one.

Hey Dash...what's up your ash?...other than your head??
    Love ya'...mean it.
    Weatherking equipment by Rheem is a well kept low price secret. Good stuff. American Standard has their Standard series also low price. Ducane. Many low cost options available.

Post Likes
    Yep, there is nothing wrong with Goodman. The installation practices and design practices are another story.

I recently won a bid on 9 tons of residential heating and air in a resort area.
    If I had bid Carrier, I would have been rejected outright. Instead I bid 12 seer Goodman w/variable speed indoor units. I was pleasantly suprised with the airhandlers and the components are absolutely no different from the other manufacturers.
    I'm not going to sit here and trash Goodman just because I endorse another manufacturer. That is narrow minded and ignorant. There have been a multitude of lies and ignorance posted about many manufacturers on this site and I bought into it when I was young and inexperienced and didn't know much about the products...but that was then...fortunately, I informed myself.
    Maybe that would be a good idea for some of the members here. Get the facts and stop whining about low cost.
    Hell, if you are all that and a box of Wheaties, you shouldn't have any problems being competitive...right??
    I believe in selling quality services, reliability and quality installation.
    "Product dumping" reveals an inability to sell and shows a lack of understanding about what is being sold.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    With the advertising allowance/coop ,training,support,trips,rebates to consumers,distributor support,Carrier refunds the the equipment cost on 100% satisfaction guarantee,and so on,the list is long.We would'nt save a thing with brand X.

Plus many consumers are looking for a brand name.

The price difference we sell daily,not give away,is not the hard cost,it's our company and the benefits our distributer and Carrier bring to the table.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in