Smile

The XC21-036-230-2.It states in the broshure up to 20.50 seer.Just wonderin if anybody has any info on it.Lennox is also comming out with a 98% furnace can anybody confirm this also.

Looking at the ARI ratings, you can get anywhere from 14.2 to 20.5 with the XC21 line.

The XC21-036 peaks at 20.0 with a couple different air handler matches.

If you have a brochure, you are ahead of me. Lennox's website mentions nothing about it yet, nor any new furnaces. They are holding me up finalizing my A/C comparison page!

Wow..20 seer. Pretty soon there wont be any cooling or heating bills at the end of the month. The condenser on the 3 ton must be as big as the side of the house.

That thing will be so efficient, the power company will have to send the homeowner a check each month. Might have to install a rachet device on the meter to keep it from running backwards...
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Is this the tall and skinny one?

I saw a Lennox ad on TV a few days ago, and the Lennox guy was standing next to a condensing unit that looked like a miniature skyscraper. Tall, maybe 48", but with a small footprint. If the coil wraps all the way around I imagine it will be officially impossible to get in there to replace the compressor

just picked up our first xc21-036 yesterday. what a freakin monster. 35 1/2" x 39 1/2"x 47" tall. all xc21 units are the same size 2-5 tons. all info for them is on davenet in the info-vault. hope i never have to get one of these over a fence. might just have to take fence apart.

They keep going any taller we are gonna need an A frame with hoist to replace comressors. Haven't the engineer geniuses ever thought about going back to long and short instead of high and skinny?
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

compressor change outs wont be so bad on these units, they have a seperated compartment for the compresor just like the hs/hp 26 remove side panel and there it is. i havent sold or installed the new unit yet but looking forward to it, i really went over the unit at dealer meeting and it appears to be a solid peice of equipment
    The 2008 NATE TOP TECH!!!!!

I have the engineering data (Bulletin no.210414 April 2005)it's 18 pages.(XC21-036-230-2)I heard about a 98% furnace that is soon to come out.Can anyone with some connections find out more?

Atta boy Dave!
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain