New guy

Thread: New guy

New guy

Good afternoon! I'm Dave, and I'm an IT guy in a medium-sized office building (under 200 people, one floor, ~27,000 square feet) that was built about a year and a half ago. So as you can imagine, we've had some fun making adjustments with our HVAC guys. I'm the guy on whose shoulders fell the responsibility of tweaking all the settings and temps to make sure everyone's comfortable... which is where you folks come in! I'm hoping to get some objective feedback to my situation, and it looks like you're a friendly and helpful environment.

Alas... to the forum!

Welcome to the site Dave, hope you enjoy the forums.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

I'm the guy on whose shoulders fell the responsibility of tweaking all the settings and temps to make sure everyone's comfortable...
    Hello and welcome!! Just tell all the bigger people to take off their coats, and have all the smaller ones put them on. Everyone will be happy, no need to call the Hvac man. Just a little humor....
    Hope you enjoy the forums, and good luck keeping everyone happy!!

Welcome Dave.

Here are a few things I learned after I was put in a similar position not so long ago. People in offices will mess with the temp if you give them a chance. They will turn the AC as cold as they can in the summer and complain if it’s above 72,theyn in the winter they will crank up heat until its nice and toasty then complain if its 70. Then they go home and don’t turn the AC on until its 80 and the heat until its 50.
    Watch out for people wearing flip flops and shorts in the winter, and long sleeves in the summer. And don’t make the same mistake I did and ask employees for suggestions on the AC. That opened up a can of worms just try to keep all the temps the same to avoid people complaining about someone else having a warmer office..