Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Roboteq: in a previous post you mentioned that when Goodman Changed the color they also changed some things on the interior for the better.

I had a beigeCLQ-36-1 14 Seer along with HU59 coil installed with a Goodman Furnance. Could you please hit the high points of what on the interior of the AC was changed for the better. Just curious. Thanks

The newer units have a stronger base and general sheet metal cabinetry. All Goodman/Amana outdoor units now use Copeland compressors, most high efficiency compressors are scrolls. A really nice sound blanket has been added. Some of the higher efficiency units have gone to an 820 rpm motor for quieter operation.

Basically, the CLQ has not changed other then cabinetry. The CLQ has been a nicely put together unit for years.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Thanks for the Info I do appreciate it. I know Goodman gets bashed a lot but I have had nothing but good service from my unit. I realize it is only 1 year old but I am a happy camper so far.

Originally posted by hageman6
    Thanks for the Info I do appreciate it. I know Goodman gets bashed a lot but I have had nothing but good service from my unit. I realize it is only 1 year old but I am a happy camper so far.

hehehe 1 year old. just wait.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

I would have to say that tinner is one of the bashers that are mentioned that make our industry seem so bad.

The CLQ is a great little unit. If it was properly installed with the matching indoor coil there is no reason to worry.

you're right Robo. a Goodman/Desco combo has success written all over it. sorry........ garbage in garbage out.

[Edited by tinner73 on 04-27-2005 at 09:23 PM]
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Tinner with the new equipment goodman is putting out exactly what is it that you see so bad im just curious. Dont start talking about the old clam shell hx with cracks in them...I want to hear your gripe with the NEW stuff goodman puts out. People come on this board to find out info on various units so if youve got negative info on the new stuff lets hear it. I put in alot of them and I dont have not one customer complaining about them so youve got to enlighten me.

past reputations of mfg is poor but how many of you remember when copeland compressors were considered junk (30 years ago) but not today ... goodman ... they fill a niche ... they konw what it is ... and their warranties are kicking ass and taking names

What does DESCO have to do with this thread.

I guess I would like to know what tinner73 puts in. I can't blame a lot of installers of differant brands of equipment from coming in here bashing brands. What would you do if you were starting to loose a lot of sales being your prices were not competitive. Sure you can go with a lot more expensive units but in a lot of the areas of the country you really cant justify it and when you look closely there is really not that much differance in most of them anyway. Not like there is a ton of compressor manufactures. There is no guarantee that the guy selling any brand is doing everything the way he should, and the guys in here claiming that less expensive brands are more likely being put in by hacks are blowing smoke. Pretty much every distributor will sell to anyone selling any amount of volume and if you dont beleive that your kidding yourself.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    What does DESCO have to do with this thread.
    Nothing, nothing at all.

Maybe tinner relies on equipment instead of a proper install?

you guys gettin paid for defending Goodman so much.... Seems like you spend an aweful lot of time defending them.... They are cheap...they advertise being CHEAP.. you get what you pay for and yes there are places for them. I notice that goodman is the only brand being put in by hacks? Not only them but there is a lot of brands used by hacks.. Seems like goodman doesn't handle the hacks as good as some brands though. And YES their heat exchangers still need some work on durability I THINK..... <<< I THINK.... not bashin.... just what I think. Just because a Goodman has a bad unit does not mean it was a hack installing it. REFER To the PGB models.... even a hack can install that one..... but the heat exchanger problem ???? They knew it was a problem or they wouldn't send the new deflector trying to cure it...but wait...lets wait till the first heat exchanger looks like you can put your hand thru the side of it before we say anything.......

No one here is paid to defend Goodman. Goodman doesn't need to pay anyone to defend it.

Goodman will soon be my competition as I move into the sales end of this business. I am not a stupid person. I do not underestimate the competition by bashing them, but rather work within the competitions weak points.

Goodman did not make it further in this industry then one other company and has not maintained being the second largest manufacturer of HVAC equipment by having a product as bad as the bashers like to try to make it sound.

By the fact that Goodman is still growing in the industry it should be apparent that all of the BS that brand bashers come up with is doing nothing but promoting the product these idiots are bashing. Bashing brands does not harm a product, it puts that product in the spotlight which makes that product sell even better.

There are hundreds of thousands of pieces of Goodman equipment that has been operating just fine all over North America. Goodman is the only manufacturer to publish their failure rates and to make the claim that they actually have a lower percentage of parts failures, including heat exchangers, then any other brand. In five years, not one other manufacturer has disputed this claim and afidavits from parts vendors support this claim.

When are you guys going to wise up and stop underestimating the competition? No matter how many times you say something is overall bad, it does not make it true. The public is no more stupid then I am. The only ones that are stupid are the ones who bash brands rather then promote the qualities of themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast