42yrs exp is offline Professional Member BM -bad email address
    In reference to a smoke detector.What do you mean when you said " You're kidding, right?

Where can I get a 24 volt (or 220 volt)hard wire smoke detector. I have looked all over, I have been around for a very long time),and Usually install a 115 volt detector. But in this case I need a 230 or 24 volt (no battery operated. The customer does not want to pay an electrican (or me) to run a new wire from the breaker panel to the attic for a 115 volt detector. Since there is 230 to the attic I can use a 230 or 24 volt detector. I live and work in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. If there is a multi voltage smoke detector. Who had has it????

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Carrier Zoning.

I was at a home(for a social function) that has carrier zoning. They have 2 systems & each system has a master tstat located inside the conditioned area. There are several(what appears to be sensors) in the zones. Each sensor is only about 2 inches square with no means of adjustment. The temperature for each zone is set in the master tsat. You can turn a dial in the master tsat to select each zone. We will probably be servicing this system. Does any one have info on these? Thank You, Lee

Sorry, Wrong forum.

go to big box store, copy names of detector mfgr, call or visit online -- call local alarm companies --

never heard of using either voltage for stand- alone detectors -- in 50yr

I believe Doc was refering to a duct smoke detector. These have multiple voltage inputs ie... 24v, 115v, 230v.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

If you are asking about a duct mounted smoke detector with sampling tubes go to http://www.grainger.com grainger stock # 3pb54 . manufacture FIREX....

He just wants a regular smoke detector.

If it is too much trouble to find a 230v detector (you may have to order from Europe). I would talk them into a 10year smoke detector. These have a 10 year, non replacable, lithium battery. This is a good option because a smokedetector needs replaced every 10 years anyway.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Sorry, yes I thought by putting a smoke detector in the attic duct you meant a duct mounted smoke detector. My be I mis read. As far as a cheapo residential smoke detector goes, no I have never seen one either.

you should try to keep the same post, rather than polluting the forum with a new one, or at least reference the one.

If it is too much trouble to find a 230v detector (you may have to order from Europe).

ordering one from europe would do no good , they may have 220 volt power in europ but they use a 50 cycle system

How large is the 240V circuit? The code, UL Listing, and manufacturer instructions, will most likely limit the smoke to a 15A or 20A circuit. Is your circuit this small?