Thread: Trane heat pump

Trane heat pump

i've got a friends heat pump that doesn't defrost every day, only like every other day and the temperature drops to approx. 25 degrees. He said the condenser fan motor is running when he looks at the unit in the mornings. i did replace the defrost control, thermostat and sensor since the unit is 10 years old. this board doesn't have any adjustable times on the board. i think the new board is bad but they say highly unlikely. the refrigerant charge is good.

Welcome here.

This is the welcome forum. Questions like yours should be posted down in the residential forum.

Have a good evening!

Welcome to the site,

The rules will not allow us to give do it yourself help and are only able to give technical help in the pro forums. You sound like you do not know what you are doing and just throwing expensive parts at it. Might be cheaper to call someone that knows how to trouble shoot a heat pump.

Good luck

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

someone went to a lot of trouble and effort to make this banner at the top

New Member Introduction and Site Rules Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself Register Here DO NOT POST SITE QUESTIONS HERE!

I can't imagine what they mean
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    someone went to a lot of trouble and effort to make this banner at the top

New Member Introduction and Site Rules Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself Register Here DO NOT POST SITE QUESTIONS HERE!

I can't imagine what they mean

LOL

I have had several new guests say.."I can't post, why?".. I moved the forum main page around last night so our new guests can find the open sections easier. So, now the open areas are at the top and the Pro/closed areas are at the bottom for the most part.

Maybe this will help a bit.