Hello. I'm in the process of selecting a central air for my home here in NJ. I have just finished putting on an addition(add a level) where I had the duct work installed while the framing was open, for the 1st and 2nd floor and did not run ducts to the basement. 1st & snd flr sq footage =2300
Please follow the Forum Rules No Pricing, Thank you.
I have gotten 3 quotes
a. 3.5 trane 14 seer comp=4ttr2042 Ah=4tee3f40
b. 3.5 trane 14 seer comp=4ttr2042 Ah=4tee3f40
c. 4.0 rheem 12 seer comp=ramc series ah=pending
Quote c is not quite finalized, I have asked for a price on a 14 seer unit.
Basicailly my wife and I are wondering
1. IS trane better then RHEEM?
2. The trane literature on the air handler made that unit sound better. Will the trane ah be quiter, have a better filter, better airflow control(my wife does not want bursts of air),etc
3. Any reason not to go with 12 seer vs 14 seer(besides ROI)?
4. Compressor noise trane vs rheem, comparable or is one noticeably louder.
5. r-22 vs 410a which should be selected.
Thanks in advance for any advice
[Edited by lusker on 04-26-2005 at 03:10 PM]