42yrs exp is offline Professional Member BM -bad email address
    Everyone is jumping on the band wagon. refrigeration certification, Nate certification, State certification, City Certification, county certification, universal license, This license, that license.I just read on HVAC-Talk.com that some states are going to require a permit to change a condenser motor. And the electrical unions are trying to take control of HVAC tech's doing electrical work on HVAC equipment. This is not a free country anymore. It's a bunch of bull ****. Everyone has their hand in your pocket, not counting the politians. You can't even practice your trade anymore. Everyone is walking all over us AND WE DO NOTHING. LET me repeat that, WE DO NOTHING.

After 45 years in the business the last company I worked for made me get the Nate certification, which I did against my will. My boss said To get Nate certified or I'd have to leave. The 5 hour nate tests I took were basically the same stuff I had in tech school 45 years ago. It is also the same stuff I taught for many years. I know other HVAC tech's that have many years in this business feel the same way and so will you when you get many years behind you.

Do you know what makes you a good tech or a good anything? Experience,Exposure,Practice, and the ability to learn from your mistakes. Not some enterprise saying you need this or that certification.

I agree totally with 42yrs exp. Look at everything getting out of wack, borders are over run, ceo,s are robing the companies blind, congressmen are telling the juges what they should say , juges are letting the criminals off easy, saudies are jacking up oil prices and financing terrorists, the lawyers are after the cops for handcuffing an idiot child that was brought up with no disaplin by parents. Hell the way she was acting they should have used a tazer. I think they should start sueing the parents of that kid for metal anquish of the cops and teachers for having to even deal with the girl being her mom would not come and get her. YEP were going to hell in a hand basket and the certification their coming up with is another part of it.
    Come to think of it ,maybe thats why all the illegal alians are coming across the borders......to get certified and go back home. ya think..

42yrs exp is offline Professional Member BM -bad email address

Dec's the man

Right on Mr Dec. Wasn't that little girl inscedent something else. You should run for congress. You came up with a teriffic solution. Sue the parents for mental anquish. It is pathetic that children cannot be deciplined.