Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusker View Post
    Where are you guys having this darn thing in Atlanta?
    I am down to a couple of places, have not finalized yet. Will let everyone know when it is scheduled.

Any of you guys that have hosted an H-talk convention before, and have designed any forms (registration, etc)... If you could Email them to my addy (in profile), I would appreciate it! THX!!!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I am down to a couple of places, have not finalized yet. Will let everyone know when it is scheduled.

Any of you guys that have hosted an H-talk convention before, and have designed any forms (registration, etc)... If you could Email them to my addy (in profile), I would appreciate it! THX!!!
    Geez, I looked but I have a different computer now so all of them old correspondence are some where where I can't find them.

We are already booked for the 9-11 weekend. Hope you don't pick it but don't let that be a factor for scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Geez, I looked but I have a different computer now so all of them old correspondence are some where where I can't find them.

We are already booked for the 9-11 weekend. Hope you don't pick it but don't let that be a factor for scheduling.
    And don't forget that Comfortech is September 21-23. So, September 16-18 would be good or the 23-25 with people going to Comfortech most likely not showing up until late on Friday or sometime Saturday.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

OK guys/gals...

Time for a little Democracy:

After looking around and a little planning, two weekends are available for the H-talk convention:

August 26-27-28 or

Sept 16-17-18

Please vote which one you would like.

Voting will run until midnite Sunday 4/10/2011.

THX!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

I prefer August 26-27-28

The weekend of September 16-17-18 works for us.

We will be on a house boat traveling through the locks on the Erie Canal the last weekend of August. We are already signed up and its hard to get a reservation.

OK, we have one vote for each... lets see if we can get a tie-breaker...

My personal preference is the Sept date... however I will not be the tie-breaker unless nobody else votes.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

OK, we have one vote for each... lets see if we can get a tie-breaker...

My personal preference is the Sept date... however I will not be the tie-breaker unless nobody else votes.
    I can make the September date work for us. We will just incorporate the H-Talk convention with our vacation somewhere between Georgia and the Comfortech Show in Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I can make the September date work for us. We will just incorporate the H-Talk convention with our vacation somewhere between Georgia and the Comfortech Show in Indiana.
    THX Robin... Lets see how this vote goes forward...

Send me a PM, I will send back a list of things to do around the Atlanta area and between. You could stay busy for the between days just in the N GA mountains if you are an out-doorsy person... and there is always Gatlinburg and Dollywood in Tenn. The SW part of NC has lots of little towns to see with B&B to stay at, with some BEAUTIFUL mountains.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

THX Robin... Lets see how this vote goes forward...

Send me a PM, I will send back a list of things to do around the Atlanta area and between. You could stay busy for the between days just in the N GA mountains if you are an out-doorsy person... and there is always Gatlinburg and Dollywood in Tenn. The SW part of NC has lots of little towns to see with B&B to stay at, with some BEAUTIFUL mountains.
    We hated Gatlinburg. We have a time share that years ago we booked a place in the Smokey's that was just fantastic. For the week after the NC H-Talk convention, we booked a place in Gatlinburg because it was being represented as a Smokey Mountain resort. What a flustercluck that was. We were in the middle of all of the resort town hubbub we both hate so much.

We would be looking more into someplace nearer to the Comfortech Show so we could do a week in a time share there. But thanks for thinking of us.

OK guys/gals...

Time for a little Democracy:

After looking around and a little planning, two weekends are available for the H-talk convention:

August 26-27-28 or

Sept 16-17-18

Please vote which one you would like.

Voting will run until midnite Sunday 4/10/2011.

THX!
    Thats a toughy for me, would prefer Sept, but thats my brides birthday. I think Sept anyways. How far to Savannah? Sure would like to see the moss covered trees and the ocean. Could it be held there? I have nothing against Atlanta, I guess, I've only been to the Mitsubishi plant and it was in an industrial part of town, so I have an ucky memory of that place.

My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Going to stick my fat nose in here and since each of you know that Atlanta is my home maybe I can help make a suggestions.

Spotts.... Savannah is about 4 hard hours away. Hard because it is darn near lonely road all the way there. I've been there many times and the waterfront is great but the Hotels around the old town Savannah can be pricy but simply has the best seafood around and some great small pubs with live music. Two days there and you've seen about everything.

Atlanta, if you guys want to hang around the 'burbs... There is a Hotel and meeting center with lots to do at Stone Mountain Park. It's on the NE side of town. Stone Mtn is a great place in Sept but a bit warm. This is a place built especially for conventions and family fun. Boat rides, golf, lift rides to get to the top of the mountain, laser shows at night and the list goes on and on. Just outside the park is Snellville, Ga. There are many places to eat there and all of this area is away from the big city. http://www.stonemountainpark.com/

A little further north is the N Georgia Mountains. Places like Helen Ga. It is a quaint Swiss city in the mountains. Large enough to take a day for shopping and eats with several "drive to" spots in the National Forest areas there. It is really beautiful country. You guys could do both St. Mtn. and Helen and have a blast. http://www.helenga.org/

South of Atlanta is flat and can be very hot and humid. I suggest staying north of the city and staying out of the big city at all costs unless you want to visit the Ga Aquarium, Coke Museum or see a Braves game.

I was only to Atlanta once. Our host gave us a quick tour of downtown and then he wisked us away to his home on Lake Lanner (sp.) which was about 30 miles away. He makes that trip everyday on a commuter train.

But Altanta looked like it has a lot to offer. I'm looking forward to see more of it. Of course there is a lot of Civil War history too. Also a lot of Spanish moss.

Now, talking about Savannah. That is altogether different. There are hundreds of buildings that escaped devastation during the Civil War. The city takes pride in preserving these "squares" lined with these antibellium homes. The time to go to Savannah is on St. Patricks Day. Hilarious.!!!! Maybe someone on this board is from Savannah and will host the convention sometime.

PS: Lusker, isn't there a big underground mall in downtown Atlanta??

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast