Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Has there been any progress on the hotel/motel where this years convention will be?
    [SIZE="5"]Your not Sleepin in the Car?SIZE]
    DON"T mess with the US
    I thought I had been there and done That.
    ITS ALL ABOUT LEARNIN!
    I thought it would be better by now
    "He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands & his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands, his head & his heart is an artist."
    ~St. Francis of Assisi

Hey guys and gals,

It has been a while since I posted plans for the 2011 Atlanta convention… been kinda busy here.

On Aug 5, 2011 post #249, I asked folks to mention if they were planning to come… a few made mention they were… read posts following #249. So far we have:
    Flyer’s Fan and maybe a guest
    Ace and wife (hopefully not in tow)...
    EPAcertified with a friend
    GlennAC8
    Myself (GA/John)
    Hopefully ‘Dad’ and K_Fridge, maybe with wives.
    Earlier Karen Enos made mention of coming.
    Folks, this was almost 2 weeks ago… it appears we have something like 10-12 or 13 folks RSVP’d… this is not a large crowd. (Yeah, I realize this is a lean year financially).

I was kinda concerned the numbers would be kinda skinny… and have not booked a meeting room at a hotel or a meeting hall. What I decided to do is: Hold the convention gathering on Saturday evening at my home. I can easily handle 24-25 folks (maybe a few more if it does not rain), this will take out the cost of the meeting room. SO:
    The cost of the Saturday evening gathering will be $10/person… which includes food, cokes, and a small amount of beer… Folks are encouraged to bring some extra beers… I will provide ice chests to keep them cool.

There are a few hotels around here with nice rooms, they go in the $70-75/nite range. There are also some economy places more in the $55-60/nite range… generally the hotel tax is around $10/nite more. I will get a few places and post the contact information. I did talk to a few… and they will not give a discount for under 10 rooms… since we have something like 3 or maybe 4 folks from out/town… I doubt we will make quota. In a way; this gives folks more flexibility.

I live in Norcross, GA… this is out I-85 a few miles NE of the Perimeter (loop) around Atlanta… things are easy to find around here. There are plenty of restaurants and lots of shopping at 3 malls and some villages.

Guys/gals: I REALLY NEED a better head count to plan… If you are serious about coming; please let me know on/before the Tuesday after Labor Day weekend (on or before Tuesday Sept 6, 2011). If I do not get many folks from H-talk forum… I will invite some of the counter folk from the local supply houses and we will have some more local folks.

If you have any questions or suggestions… please PM me or Email me, THX!

Hope to see as many as can make it.

GA/John
    Last edited by ga-hvac-tech; 08-19-2011 at 11:06 PM.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Good deal John. I might invite a couple of squared away ace techs to attend. I'll try and get my wife to attend the party. Do you have a piano by any chance?

She plays by ear so can play any song she knows the tune to. Sounds like we'll all have a great time. Maybe I'll ask her to bring the key board and liven the place up a bit. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

It does not look promising for Lisa and I this year. Getting a consulting company off the ground while also seeking a real job is taking up all of my time and more money then I actually have.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Good deal John. I might invite a couple of squared away ace techs to attend. I'll try and get my wife to attend the party. Do you have a piano by any chance?

She plays by ear so can play any song she knows the tune to. Sounds like we'll all have a great time. Maybe I'll ask her to bring the key board and liven the place up a bit. Thank you very much
    THX Glenn.

Yes, I have a Spinet (short upright piano)... may be a little out/tune. She is welcome to come over ahead of time and check it out.

I also have a Baby Grand... the one I learned on when I was in grade school... but it is in storage.

It is an off year due to the economy... but we will have a good time anyhow.

Might be some special entertainment... just have to be here to know about it...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    It does not look promising for Lisa and I this year. Getting a consulting company off the ground while also seeking a real job is taking up all of my time and more money then I actually have.
    You need to suck it up and show up. File for unemployment.

GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

And how would that make my financial situation any better?

A weekend is here... and we get this...

Pull up a chair, open a beer... THIS should be FUN!

And my busy week is winding down... there will be time to enjoy it...

Just 2 calls today and a gun show in the morning... Life is getting better after almost 50 hours in 4 days.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

with money coming in you can travel

Well you going to let your former employer skate after laying you off without cause? Suck up some pride there and file if for no other reason to get even for the raw deal you got.

Ace is right but for the wrong reason. Also some income coming in until your land another good gig is better than nothing. Come on down and tell us all about it . Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Whoops...

Next week.

GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

with money coming in you can travel
    Unemployment is not enough money for me to stay at home.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122232425262728 LastLast