Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 353
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,256
    Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    See !!! Now you're talking. We just need someone to host the convention. Atlanta would be a great place. You could have it late in the year like October or early Nov. and the weather would still be nice.

    As host all you would have to do is line up a hotel. Pick out a place to get-together on Friday night. A big old BBQ on Saturday sounds good.(doesn't have to be) Sunday get together is optional.

    The whole key to the success of these conventions is that the host has it in his hometown. He knows the area and what to do. The attendees don't waste a lot of time trying to find out "what" to do. The host has the whole thing planned out for the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Sounds good. Put it together and tell us when you are having it
    I knew when I hit the send button, I had more or less committed myself...

    Tell you guys what: Give me about a week to scout out a few details... and if a few of the folks that have hosted in the past would be so kind as to PM me... I would appreciate the ability to do a little Q&A to get up to speed on what works for this crowd.... I can put this together and make it happen! I have done numerous church gatherings over the years, this should not be hard... Just need a little input as to what the guys/gals enjoy.

    SOOO: How about for starters: Guys/gals: Please post what you did and did not like about previous H-talk conventions. THX!

    AND: Those PM's from previous hosts would be much appreciated... THX!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    3,805
    Been *****ing for years for you guys to come down here, I'll host 2012 if it hasn't been designated yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    Past hosts always become committee's for the next host. We're here for you. Even the things that weren't that great were fun just because we all were together to make it fun. I guess the Baltimore harbor boat ride was the worst I can think of, and that was still ok.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Ocean Pines, MD
    Posts
    6,935
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I knew when I hit the send button, I had more or less committed myself...

    Tell you guys what: Give me about a week to scout out a few details... and if a few of the folks that have hosted in the past would be so kind as to PM me... I would appreciate the ability to do a little Q&A to get up to speed on what works for this crowd.... I can put this together and make it happen! I have done numerous church gatherings over the years, this should not be hard... Just need a little input as to what the guys/gals enjoy.

    SOOO: How about for starters: Guys/gals: Please post what you did and did not like about previous H-talk conventions. THX!

    AND: Those PM's from previous hosts would be much appreciated... THX!
    I could be wrong here but I think there may be a little divergence there my Dixie friend.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamas View Post
    I could be wrong here but I think there may be a little divergence there my Dixie friend.


    Guess what: Stamas has been chosen to bless the food...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Guess what: Stamas has been chosen to bless the food...
    And drink?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,256
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    And drink?
    That would be at Stamas discretion...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the work truck
    Posts
    2,942
    I'm sitting here with stamas in Jim Davis' class. He asked if you wanted him to bless the thongs too?!
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

    Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

    "Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

  9. #22
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Bennington, Vermont U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    I'm sitting here with stamas in Jim Davis' class. He asked if you wanted him to bless the thongs too?!
    Shaun is in charge of that department. .

    Ga-tech I just sent you a long PM. Like Robo said, all the past hosts are here to help you.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold.calm
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Shaun is in charge of that department. .

    Ga-tech I just sent you a long PM. Like Robo said, all the past hosts are here to help you.
    Benncool
    I thought Shaun was in charge of the ladies of the night. I forgot because he didn’t make it last year!


    Ga-tech

    You’ve got a PM from us as well. Feel free to call.

    Looks like were going South for the Winter!

    Now all the Southern members can stop crying.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    S.W. PA
    Posts
    3,298
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    SOOO: How about for starters: Guys/gals: Please post what you did and did not like about previous H-talk conventions. THX!
    all the ones I went to were great, the only downside is getting Robo to keep his clothes on

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,256
    Quote Originally Posted by dhvac View Post
    all the ones I went to were great, the only downside is getting Robo to keep his clothes on
    Robin in a pink shirt is a reminder we are indeed at an H-talk convention...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Bennington, Vermont U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,864
    Okay, GA, I have replied to your PM that you sent. On that PM I also CCed the other guys who have hosted conventions.

    They are pecmsg, diceman, roboteq, selfemployed, key, and spotts.

    Only problem is that you can only have 5 guys per PM so I sent it twice.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event