Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Southwest Airlines id running a 59.00 special, for those of you served by them.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Southwest Airlines id running a 59.00 special, for those of you served by them.
    Is Southwest coming directly to Atlanta now... Honestly I do not keep up with things in the air these days.

I did a job for an AirTran pilot back in late June... He did not say either way.

He did say SW is looking to go to Hawaii soon. I hope to take a vacation there someday (hopefully in the next year or so).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Is Southwest coming directly to Atlanta now... Honestly I do not keep up with things in the air these days.

I did a job for an AirTran pilot back in late June... He did not say either way.

He did say SW is looking to go to Hawaii soon. I hope to take a vacation there someday (hopefully in the next year or so).
    I believe they do, but I'm driving in.

I believe they do, but I'm driving in.
    Looking forward to meeting you and a bunch of other folks from H-talk. The last convention I attended was 2008 in NC... I think Special Ed hosted it... and Yes, Robo wore a pink shirt... .

I wonder if some of the folks 'over there' will pick up on this and attend... probably should post something to them.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

May be a change in plans for Lisa and I. Due to my current employment status, we may not be able to make this one.

I was told yesterday that "It just wasn't working out." by my now previous employer. I agreed that it certainly wasn't working out for me because I was paid only on commission of sales in my territory but forced to cover technical services for all territories when the company downsized by letting their Technical Service Manager go last year.

We plan on driving in, so flight plans are not a problem. We can also book whatever hotel is chosen as that can be cancelled within a day or so of actually being there. I suppose mainly I need to have some idea what our cost will be so I can add it to gas, food, tequila and vodka expenses required.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Just in case we can't make it, here is a photo of the ultimate in pink shirts that I wore for our wedding to tide ya'll over;
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    May be a change in plans for Lisa and I. Due to my current employment status, we may not be able to make this one.

I was told yesterday that "It just wasn't working out." by my now previous employer. I agreed that it certainly wasn't working out for me because I was paid only on commission of sales in my territory but forced to cover technical services for all territories when the company downsized by letting their Technical Service Manager go last year.

We plan on driving in, so flight plans are not a problem. We can also book whatever hotel is chosen as that can be cancelled within a day or so of actually being there. I suppose mainly I need to have some idea what our cost will be so I can add it to gas, food, tequila and vodka expenses required.
    Sorry to hear about the job issue... I hear the economy is going in the tank again from numerous sources. So far (thankfully and Praise God), I am busy as I can be... And I hope it stays 'hot' outside into early October so I can make all I can before what appears to be a lean winter coming.

Maybe hustle some resi work on the side to get some $$$ in one's pocket?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Sorry to hear about the job issue... I hear the economy is going in the tank again from numerous sources. So far (thankfully and Praise God), I am busy as I can be... And I hope it stays 'hot' outside into early October so I can make all I can before what appears to be a lean winter coming.

Maybe hustle some resi work on the side to get some $$$ in one's pocket?
    I am not physically capable of doing installations without great pain. However, I am thinking about selling training classes and seminars to local distributors and larger contractors. This is something that Heybob had told me someone in my position does in his area, and it is a great idea.

No one is going to be comfortable letting loose of savings until after the next presidential election. Government has everyone so scared right now that they are afraid to let any liquid assets be depleted by buying a new HVAC system.

One of the things that contractors should be selling consumers on is that with less then 1% interest on savings and with the low interest rate on loans, that if they can save 25-30% on their heating/cooling bills, the best place for them to put their money is in a new HVAC system.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I am not physically capable of doing installations without great pain. However, I am thinking about selling training classes and seminars to local distributors and larger contractors. This is something that Heybob had told me someone in my position does in his area, and it is a great idea.

No one is going to be comfortable letting loose of savings until after the next presidential election. Government has everyone so scared right now that they are afraid to let any liquid assets be depleted by buying a new HVAC system.

One of the things that contractors should be selling consumers on is that with less then 1% interest on savings and with the low interest rate on loans, that if they can save 25-30% on their heating/cooling bills, the best place for them to put their money is in a new HVAC system.
    Good idea on the classes... I fully understand about the physical requirements of change-outs. My business is more repair than replacement... I get into some of the strangest repair issues one could imagine... and charge big $$$'s for it. Nitch market to say the least.

I just got the Email confirmation from the hotel: It is a 'Hyatt Place' (the bargain arm of Hyatt)... the rooms will be about $70/nite, then the usual taxes (need to research the taxes). The convention gathering will be at the hotel... as the state parks all close at dark and there is a strict 'no alcohol' rule at state parks. Location of the hotel is I-85 North at Pleasant Hill Rd (Please do not try to book the rooms yet... as I have not given them the official 'Go'... and there may be some confusion).

Will write up the details over the weekend.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Another question for you guys/gals to answer for the H-talk convention, this one is about food:

I plan to cater with BBQ.... here are some selections so we can have what we want:
    Meat (we get 2 choices):
    Pork, Beef, Turkey, Chicken
    Sides (we get 3 choices):
    Potato Salad, Coleslaw, BBQ beans, Green beans, Corn/cob, mac and cheese
    Dinner rolls and sweet/unsweet tea are included.
    Please vote for the 2 meats and 3 sides you prefer.

Two desserts will be provided: Banana Pudding and Peach Cobbler
    (Please vote on which one you prefer... I can go heave on that one)

Also, I will provide Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite, along with a few brands of beer... Please vote for which brand of beer you prefer (please no low production specialties... you can purchase that locally and bring it if you choose).

The voting will run through midnite Sunday Aug 7, with results tallied Monday. THX guys/gals... lets make this a good time we call can enjoy.

John/GA
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Another question for you guys/gals to answer for the H-talk convention, this one is about food:

I plan to cater with BBQ.... here are some selections so we can have what we want:
    Meat (we get 2 choices):
    Pork, Beef, Turkey, Chicken
    Sides (we get 3 choices):
    Potato Salad, Coleslaw, BBQ beans, Green beans, Corn/cob, mac and cheese
    Dinner rolls and sweet/unsweet tea are included.
    Please vote for the 2 meats and 3 sides you prefer.

Two desserts will be provided: Banana Pudding and Peach Cobbler
    (Please vote on which one you prefer... I can go heave on that one)

Also, I will provide Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite, along with a few brands of beer... Please vote for which brand of beer you prefer (please no low production specialties... you can purchase that locally and bring it if you choose).

The voting will run through midnite Sunday Aug 7, with results tallied Monday. THX guys/gals... lets make this a good time we call can enjoy.

John/GA
    I like Pork, Chicken, coleslaw, bbqbeans and corn, peach cobbler and Budweiser

I like Pork, Chicken, coleslaw, bbqbeans and corn, peach cobbler and Budweiser
    I can tell you are from Texas... except for the beer part...

I would choose the same thing... albeit Potato Salad rather than corn.
    Personally, I like BudLight Lime... or Miller Lite... However what I like is optional.

Folks, we need more votes!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

I can tell you are from Texas... except for the beer part...

I would choose the same thing... albeit Potato Salad rather than corn.
    Personally, I like BudLight Lime... or Miller Lite... However what I like is optional.

Folks, we need more votes!
    If we can make it, we're good with mancow's choices. Hell, Steve and I had everyone eating steamed crabs in Baltimore and Spotts had us eating bull testacles in Colorado, you think this crowd is discriminating?

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast