Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2011 H-Talk convention

Post Likes
    who's complaining, all I'm trying to do is find a hotel/motel where others are staying.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=epacertified;11180702]
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Ya know... it is a LOT of work to put one of these things on...

If nobody gives a S**t... and everyone just wants to gripe...

Maybe I should bow out and let others put up with all the primma-donna's and children in adult bodies.

Maybe after a day's work I will cool off...[/QUOT
    Like Daddy Used to say
    Don,t Worry the Cream always rises to the TOP..
    And sometimes the milk decides it is not worth it to mess withe the ones that are PROUD of their creaminess.

Had the customer from h*ll today... primma-donna is an understatement. As soon as I get her fixed up and I am paid... no more.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=ga-hvac-tech;11184042]
    Quote Originally Posted by epacertified View Post

And sometimes the milk decides it is not worth it to mess withe the ones that are PROUD of their creaminess.

Had the customer from h*ll today... primma-donna is an understatement. As soon as I get her fixed up and I am paid... no more.
    That's the worst kind of customer, but you know what. You are better than the prima donna from hades.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=ga-hvac-tech;11184042]
    Quote Originally Posted by epacertified View Post

You got to suck it up John. You don't have a boss whom you can cuss out like robo did till the **** hit the fan. We'll all have a good time and get smashed. Ace I'll give you what ever you want to drink but not smoke. See ya. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=glennac;11185712]

You got to suck it up John. You don't have a boss whom you can cuss out like robo did till the **** hit the fan. We'll all have a good time and get smashed. Ace I'll give you what ever you want to drink but not smoke. See ya. Thank you very much
    I never cussed at him

Although there was quite a bit of cussing from him at sales meetings as he berated everyone for not being able to achieve our goals by doing exactly what he told us we had to do. Between the foul language and the disrespectful attitude toward our contractors, sales meetings got pretty uncomfortable at times.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=RoBoTeq;11185762]
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I never cussed at him

Although there was quite a bit of cussing from him at sales meetings as he berated everyone for not being able to achieve our goals by doing exactly what he told us we had to do. Between the foul language and the disrespectful attitude toward our contractors, sales meetings got pretty uncomfortable at times.
    Just kidding with you robo. I know you had a ****ty deal there. You will find something better soon and be happier for it. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=glennac;11185892]
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post

Just kidding with you robo. I know you had a ****ty deal there. You will find something better soon and be happier for it. Thank you very much
    Well, the crappy deal was an altogether other matter. After forcing me into a position to either quit or represent the company as the technical rep with absolutely no compensation or even a thanks, they gave me crap for my sales not meeting their goals, even though I increased my sales margin each month. The only two salesman who made their sales goals both have two territories each from other salesman who were let go from this company.

A real lesson in marketing dictating to sales rather then feeding sales.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    One of the things I have always found amusing is:

A sales manager that thinks absurdly HIGH goals can be achieved in a recession...

I guess they think just because they 'say' it... it will happen.

NO WAY would I ever trust my financial well being to a jerk like that... Guess I am truly not cut out to work for anyone other than myself.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=RoBoTeq;11186032]
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well, the crappy deal was an altogether other matter. After forcing me into a position to either quit or represent the company as the technical rep with absolutely no compensation or even a thanks, they gave me crap for my sales not meeting their goals, even though I increased my sales margin each month. The only two salesman who made their sales goals both have two territories each from other salesman who were let go from this company.

A real lesson in marketing dictating to sales rather then feeding sales.
    Hey robo try and swing it down here if you can. We'd love to see ya. Heck I'm even having to forget about going to Knoxville, TN that weekend as they are having an event up there with some good old boys. Thank you very much

Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=glennac;11188602]

Hey robo try and swing it down here if you can. We'd love to see ya. Heck I'm even having to forget about going to Knoxville, TN that weekend as they are having an event up there with some good old boys. Thank you very much
    Does not look promising Glenn. I am up to my ears with getting my consulting company up and running in a proper manner rather then the haphazzard way I had been using it as an extracurricular business over the years. There are a lot of things the wife and I need to learn to do this properly.

I still want to work in a stable position somewhere and use the consulting company as a sideline, but with the way things are right now, I better build this thing as if my life depends on it.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Best of luck Robin
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
    Best of luck Robin
    Second that!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Thanks guys. For the first time in my working life, I feel that a little luck may be needed. I didn't count on ever being considered too old.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Thanks guys. For the first time in my working life, I feel that a little luck may be needed. I didn't count on ever being considered too old.
    What amazes me is: Experience means nothing anymore. Folks only care about $$$ (how little things cost).

IMO this is a result of irresponsible financial policy... The only thing important in corporate America is the next quarter's numbers. Few bosses seem to understand we need to plan for next year and five and ten years out... rather than only worry about next quarter.

Down the road... they will WISH they had your experience... and may well pay your consulting fee to get it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    What amazes me is: Experience means nothing anymore. Folks only care about $$$ (how little things cost).

IMO this is a result of irresponsible financial policy... The only thing important in corporate America is the next quarter's numbers. Few bosses seem to understand we need to plan for next year and five and ten years out... rather than only worry about next quarter.

Down the road... they will WISH they had your experience... and may well pay your consulting fee to get it.
    You have hit on one of the things that bothers me most about supply houses these days. There was one that I would go to before any others … notice I said was. They made a change a few years back, now there is no one at the counter with any knowledge of the trade. They had two great guys that could figure out an answer to the problem. Or they could tell you who could, even sending you some place else. Now, forgetaboutit … Now even the places that have a few good guys left are overworking them.

Back in the old days you would go into a supply house and get insulted right away …pick an insult they knew them all … of course you would insult them back and everyone would have a good laugh. Those places are rare now … I miss it.

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    You have hit on one of the things that bothers me most about supply houses these days. There was one that I would go to before any others … notice I said was. They made a change a few years back, now there is no one at the counter with any knowledge of the trade. They had two great guys that could figure out an answer to the problem. Or they could tell you who could, even sending you some place else. Now, forgetaboutit … Now even the places that have a few good guys left are overworking them.

Back in the old days you would go into a supply house and get insulted right away …pick an insult they knew them all … of course you would insult them back and everyone would have a good laugh. Those places are rare now … I miss it.

I miss it too Charlie. Especially now that I am on the downsized side of the equation. My best contractors have always been the ones that to hear them talk about me at first, you would think I was a real scumbag. My last boss hated that comradery between the contractor and myself.
    Training is important!

Post Likes

Believe it or not... I have one of those 'good old shops' in my area... and yeah they get most of my business. One of the counter guys and I exchange conservative stuff by Email... some of it ends up here on ARP.

One of the old=timers at the counter retired Friday 9/2... guy is in his 60's. All of us pitched in and gave him something special... and the manager of the branch got lots of food for an all day party.

Interesting thing: This branch has the best numbers of the whole metro area for that supply house chain... go figure.

IMO we are missing the 'old school' guys... The ones that can see the larger picture. When we get a few of them back... we may get our economy going again.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Back to the convention; Lisa asked me if she should send the Poker Pig to Atlanta. If any of the poker players are reading this, let me know.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Back to the convention; Lisa asked me if she should send the Poker Pig to Atlanta. If any of the poker players are reading this, let me know.
    Sounds cool. My wife will bring her keyboard to jam it up a little. John's piano which he has graciously offered is to far out of tune but the key board will be great anyhow. Come on down robo. Thank you very much

Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes

Drop by any time Charles I promise if I'm not here someone will insult you for me
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in