Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga.
    Posts
    198

    Superbowl National Anthem Singing

    Absolutely horrible and disgusting.Christina Aguilera did not even know the words and sounded horrible.I would think that someone in the NFL would make sure that the person singing the national anthem knew how to sing it properly and with dignity,especially for the superbowl.Christina Aguilera should be ashamed.Please NFL get a real singer like Neil Diamond from now on!!!!Please listen to the way they will sing the song before the sing the song in public.There are to many great,talented singers that will sing the song properly to get the wrong person to sing it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    carthage ms
    Posts
    632
    i get so tired of every one that sings the anthem having to over embelish it, its not about you and your ability to sing, its about our freedoms
    The 2008 NATE TOP TECH!!!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,026
    Yeah...Neil Diamond would NEVER over-embellish ANYTHING!
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    chicago il
    Posts
    48
    the NFL needs jim cornelison to sing the national anthem. it would be beathtaking.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Altmar, New York, United States
    Posts
    4,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleng View Post
    Absolutely horrible and disgusting.Christina Aguilera did not even know the words and sounded horrible.I would think that someone in the NFL would make sure that the person singing the national anthem knew how to sing it properly and with dignity,especially for the superbowl.Christina Aguilera should be ashamed.Please NFL get a real singer like Neil Diamond from now on!!!!Please listen to the way they will sing the song before the sing the song in public.There are to many great,talented singers that will sing the song properly to get the wrong person to sing it.
    so... rosanne barre wasn't youre favorite either i assume. i agree totally. she did no justice to a song that litterally makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. i don't know if i am just a whimp or what but when i hear that song done right it brings tears to my eyes. i am not a neil diamond fan but i think he would do a good job.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Altmar, New York, United States
    Posts
    4,652
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacman14 View Post
    i get so tired of every one that sings the anthem having to over embelish it, its not about you and your ability to sing, its about our freedoms
    so do i. it should be a law not to change the song. i rememner marhia cary did it for something and she recked it. i think if she would have kept it simple it would have been great. she has a great voice. it is not a time to show off, you are representing our country.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3
    jim cornelison

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,174
    At the superbowl, one expects patriotism... really now...

    It is a sports event, based on making huge $$$.. and every detail is decided on politics, influence, and $$$. Personally, the half-time show was IMO horrible.

    Personally, I agree. I think someone from the military should be singing it... IN UNIFORM. But that is just my little minority attitude.

    I did like the showing of the guy that won the medal of honor though... nice touch.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    it is not a time to show off, you are representing our country.
    I doubt she even knows that it was written about the siege of Baltimore when we were fighting the Brits back in 1814. She probably assumes it was written to commemorate a fireworks display...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    I doubt she even knows that it was written about the siege of Baltimore when we were fighting the Brits back in 1814. She probably assumes it was written to commemorate a fireworks display...
    Not many people know that there are 3 more original verses, either.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Connectitaxed
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    That was the best I've ever seen that I can remember at ANY sporting event!
    I would rather hear the Troops on the front line sing this than some spoiled girl. I do remember the other verses that nobody seems to sing.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    phoenix, arizona
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    At the superbowl, one expects patriotism... really now...

    It is a sports event, based on making huge $$$.. and every detail is decided on politics, influence, and $$$. Personally, the half-time show was IMO horrible.

    Personally, I agree. I think someone from the military should be singing it... IN UNIFORM. But that is just my little minority attitude.

    I did like the showing of the guy that won the medal of honor though... nice touch.
    I agreed with you, NFL chose her not because her outstanding talent but she attract the crowd,.. and yes $$$, and yes, it should be the military who should sing.
    Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H.L. Hunt

    "In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it." John uskin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event