Thread: Jantrol/ Goodman new color?

Post Likes
    I've had two of my three heatpumps replaced over the last few years. I replaced them with the cream brown colored Jantrol units. I have one left to replace and my question is if they have changed the colors? If they have are the older color units sitll avialable? Have just the colors changed or have they made changes to the units.

Thanks in advance!

Post Likes
    Yes the color has changed to a dark grey, you might still be able to find a beige one but time is running out, the change was made mid '04

Post Likes
    Very doubtful you will fing any of the old Bahama beige units left. And yes, there have been many interior changes for the better.

Personally, I liked the Bahama beige better; after it became an automotive quality finish and didn't peel off that is.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    The new goodmans are now much better but with the good comes the bad...price increases...seems to be coming alot now. Goodman is now no longer the least priced guy on the block.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by 727Mike
    I've had two of my three heatpumps replaced over the last few years. I replaced them with the cream brown colored Jantrol units. I have one left to replace and my question is if they have changed the colors? If they have are the older color units sitll avialable? Have just the colors changed or have they made changes to the units.

Thanks in advance!
    I think the cream colored ones cool better because the deflect the heat better in the summer, but now being heat pumps the dark grey would probably be better to help assorb some heat during the winter, now I am not sure of all this I just read this in that A/C book called "Docs secret tweaks"
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    get a can of spray paint.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in