Thread: duct board shaping and cutting

Post Likes
    anyone know where I can find info on the shaping ( angle cuts etc.)and cutting of duct board. I haven't worked with this stuff in 12 years but now have a job where much needs to be installed.

I tried Owens Corning website hoping to find a pdf file of link but came up empty handed.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Try a google search. I found a couple of pdf's, but I'm not on my computer. This computer doesn't have Adobe. I searched for "ductboard cutting procedures". Try to re-phrase if you still come up short.

If this doesn't help, ask the local supply house to get you a copy of the paperwork that comes with the purchase of the cutting tools. I don't own the tools, but I'm pretty sure the instructions that come with the tools has all that information.

Get back to work.™

Post Likes
    Knauf Air duct fabrication Manual or NAIMA fibrous glass duct construction standards. http://www.naima.org
    http://www.jm.com/insulation/technical_info/2949.htmhas some fabrication info.

Post Likes
    we have machinery that cuts our ductboard but we made a tool to cut circles with using a piece of 1/2 x 2" flat aluminum

along the length of the flat bar on the c/l holes are drilled and tapped 1/4-20 on the radius of each size and on the end a razor knife blade is attached with an end cap that is also drilled to accept a #10 screw-the end of the flat bar having two holes drilled and tapped to match the holes in the cap

everyone that uses one has been happy with it. I dont know if that helps or not

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the feedback. I ordered the guide from NAIMA should be here within 12 days.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in