Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: still dripping

still dripping

i have a weil mclain cga 5 boiler i for the last 9 years with no problem all of a sudden the relief valve started dripping so i changed the expansion tank then the reducing valve then the aquastat after everything its still dripping i put in a new pressure temp gauge and a transformer relay assembly and its still dripping the unit it self is at 50 psi the relief valve of course is at 30 but the relief valve starts dripping at 17 18 psi and pops at 20 after everything i still dnt know what the problem is can anyone help

Why not try a new thermostat while you're at it? Who knows?

Just kidding of course, just get a good heating contractor out there and diagnose it.

really.. listen if you cant help then dnt say anything this is real life if it was you you wouldn't like so just fall back and let me get an answer

do you have proper flow thru this thing? whats the delta "t". you say boiler is 50?? relief 30 hmmm. you check pressure across this unit? have you replaced the relief?

Quote Originally Posted by leskerete View Post
    really.. listen if you cant help then dnt say anything this is real life if it was you you wouldn't like so just fall back and let me get an answer
    Have you read the rules here yet?

No DIY. If I give you step by step instructions my post would be removed.

If you don't like the rules here go somewhere else.

dripping

listen i went to school for a year for hvac i know what the basics are . i changed the relief as well as the tank and the transformer assembly cuz the circulator was giving me problems but the unit is still dripping at 19 psi .....

Wow, a whole year? Then you should already have all the answers. Just a word of advise, act like an ass to an hvac guy you get ass in return from all of them. Maybe you should call somebody before you blow your neighborhood up.

I have to add air to my tire every day;

I put on a new valve cap, rotated the tires, balanced them and even drive a different route, but it still leaks.

I had auto shop in school for a semester, so I am know what I am doing.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

I've read your post several times and don't see where you changed the relief valve.A 30 lb relief shouldn't pop at 20 it should pop at "30" unless your so hot that your making steam.If the unit pops at 20 how do you know it gets to 50??
    It says you replaced the reducing valve,you didn't happen to read the instructions where it says that after the system is filled you should shut the water off just before the reducing valve.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Have you read the rules here yet?

No DIY. If I give you step by step instructions my post would be removed.

If you don't like the rules here go somewhere else.
    This is a safety device. Something is wrong. Call a pro. The life you save may be your own.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

listen i went to school for a year for hvac i know what the basics are . i changed the relief as well as the tank and the transformer assembly cuz the circulator was giving me problems but the unit is still dripping at 19 psi .....
    Then its time to call a service tech. Due to site rules we are not allowed to give this kind of DIY aid.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

unit is still dripping at 19 psi .....

Could be the pressure gage you are relying on is no longer accurate. Ask me how I know not to ASS-U-ME anything so simple?
    You have got to learn from other people's mistakes! Because God knows you don't live long enough to make them all yourself !!!!!!!!

Dude...you know enough to be dangerous. Seriously. I knew the basics after the first year too. Get the coffee, sweep the floor, clean the truck, and payday is Thursday. No disrespect...call someone with more experience. Safeties very seldom go off with out a reason, and with out being onsite, nobody is going to stick their neck out for ya on this site.
    Save me Jebus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast