Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

inter city products gas furnace problem

Hi Everyone

working on a inter city products gas furnace
    Model NDGG100DF03
    867.766132 ( i think this is what it is as it was hard to see )

ok we put a new thermocouple on it ( we didnt have or could get the right one at the time so we made one fit) and it worked good for 3 months or so then wouldn't kick on so we got the right one for this model still didnt work we then found a rollout switch had tripped reset that and it work good for a few hours we check it again found the same rollout switch tripped so we put a new rollout switch on it worked good for a few hours then would not kick on so we put a new thermostat on and set it for 68 F well then it worked just fine for 2 or 3 days then same thing will not kick on and the roll out switch tripped so the guy at the house tells me that when they set the hest up to about 70 or 70 F is when it stopped working ... so now we are thinking that the fan limit switch maybe the problem ???? so times the fan will run but no heat on ( customer said it just blows cold air some times ) we also check both rollout switchs and the vent switch all test ok
    it seems that when they turn up the heat is when it tripps the rollout switch the guy said he turned it down when he went to bed last night and today when they got up he turned it up and and after it kicked off it wound't kick back on
    anyone have any idea ??

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xboxman View Post
    Hi Everyone

Model NDGG100DF03

ok we put a new thermocouple on it ( we didnt have or could get the right one at the time so we made one fit) and it worked good for 3 months or so then wouldn't kick on so we got the right one for this model still didnt work we then found a rollout switch had tripped reset that and it work good for a few hours we check it again found the same rollout switch tripped so we put a new rollout switch on it worked good for a few hours then would not kick on so we put a new thermostat on and set it for 68 F well then it worked just fine for 2 or 3 days then same thing will not kick on and the roll out switch tripped so the guy at the house tells me that when they set the hest up to about 70 or 70 F is when it stopped working ... so now we are thinking that the fan limit switch maybe the problem ???? so times the fan will run but no heat on ( customer said it just blows cold air some times ) we also check both rollout switchs and the vent switch all test ok
    it seems that when they turn up the heat is when it tripps the rollout switch the guy said he turned it down when he went to bed last night and today when they got up he turned it up and and after it kicked off it wound't kick back on
    anyone have any idea ??

thanks
    Get up to 15 posts and apply for pro membership. Can't help you otherwise due to site rules.

Old 60%er? Rollout trips? I'd suspect bad HX. Time to replace.

Get an experienced tech on this one. Could be something dangerous. The roll-out is probably just doing its job.
    An answer without a question is meaningless.
    Information without understanding is useless.
    You can lead a horse to water............
    http://www.mohomeenergyaudits.com

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Old 60%er? Rollout trips? I'd suspect bad HX. Time to replace.
    I just can't remember seeing any old 60%'ers with rollout switches. Also, I can't remember seeing rollout switches in the same furnace with a thermocoupler.
    An answer without a question is meaningless.
    Information without understanding is useless.
    You can lead a horse to water............
    http://www.mohomeenergyaudits.com

Just keep changing parts, I liked the changing of the thermostate it seems relevant .....

i think i saw on the model info tag 1990 not sure if thats the date on the unit or not but it may be

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khc95 View Post
    Just keep changing parts, I liked the changing of the thermostate it seems relevant .....
    well the other guy some how got some wires wrong and blow the old thermostate LOL so we had to put on a new one on

well the other guy some how got some wires wrong and blow the old thermostate LOL so we had to put on a new one on

No DIY. Call out someone who knows what they are doing before someone gets hurt.

Hi Everyone

Model NDGG100DF03

anyone have any idea ??

thanks
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Ya I just chuckled thru the whole thing....

Have you tried a new filter?

You can keep putting parts on it or you can call a reputable heating contractor and actually get it fixed. Unless its beyond repair.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post

C'mon, parts changers need love too!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast