Question New Sun Room cooling/heating

We live in northern Delaware. Just had a 12'x18' gable-roofed sun room added. House has oil forced air heat and central AC. There will also be a wood-stove installed in the addition.
    Summers here are hot (many days above 90F and very humid) , so cooling is primary. So is a quick way to take the chill off the room (until the wood stove kicks in), to make my wife very happy.
    She got an estimate for extending the house system into the addition. Because of the way the addition is built, vent placement will not be optimal. Second option the contractor mentioned was a Sanyo heat-pump. But there will be refrigerant lines visible and (I guess) a pad-mounted compressor/exchanger. Not lots of room next to the house. I am thinking a roof mounted heat pump, something like in an RV. Does a unit like this exist, and would it be a viable option? Any suggestions welcomed, and thank you in advance for your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by PJhomeowner View Post
    We live in northern Delaware. Just had a 12'x18' gable-roofed sun room added. House has oil forced air heat and central AC. There will also be a wood-stove installed in the addition.
    Summers here are hot (many days above 90F and very humid) , so cooling is primary. So is a quick way to take the chill off the room (until the wood stove kicks in), to make my wife very happy.
    She got an estimate for extending the house system into the addition. Because of the way the addition is built, vent placement will not be optimal. Second option the contractor mentioned was a Sanyo heat-pump. But there will be refrigerant lines visible and (I guess) a pad-mounted compressor/exchanger. Not lots of room next to the house. I am thinking a roof mounted heat pump, something like in an RV. Does a unit like this exist, and would it be a viable option? Any suggestions welcomed, and thank you in advance for your assistance.
    I would do a mini-split mounted on the roof with a ceiling cassette indoor unit. Should be able to be done without any exposed piping.

Duotherm makes a unit , roof mounted primary use is for RV. Another option would be a PTAC unit installed thru the glass at ground level. The minisplits are quiet and if you could find a way to route the lines inside your framing, you would be happy with the performance and the price.

The mini-splits (including the Sanyo mentioned) would IMO be a place to seriously look.

Fujitsu, Mitsubishi, Sanyo, Daiken, and many other co's make them, it is the primary way A/C is done in most of the world outside N America.

Shop around looking for a contractor that knows how to hide things... a guy that is good at custom work (may not be a large co). Usually chatting with friends/family is the better way to find someone... rather than looking at advertisements.

The advantage of a 'mini' HP (heat pump) is they offer heat down to outdoor temps in the single digits... so they are a good choice unless you need lots of heat at really cold temps. And they are both easy on energy as well a quiet... a good option IMO.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Agree with the mini-splits. Best friend installed one in his game room that was dis-attached to his house. Was approximately a 25x25' area

Thank you all for the info. Mini-splits will be the direction we take with the contractor.