Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lin, yeah LOOK has been steadily going down, and apparently they have some major problems. However, my "feeling" is that because they are in the pay-per-click market, one of the big boys will not let them sink totally, either that or they will bottom out soon and make a nice rebound. My thinking is for .80/sh I can put some fun money on them. They are one of the last major search engines from the 90's that has not gone backrupt or been swallowed by a bigger fish. I wouldn't be suprised if they are bought out by yahoo or google in the near future.

INCX I like a lot, they have a great concept because they are actually a middle man that provides the pay-per-click service to search engines.

If you've ever tried to promote a website, you know that pay per click by keyword submission is a great product. Especially if you are a very small business. Collectively the tiny website businesses are far bigger than the popular websites. The market is already huge and growing.

Originally posted by cool-in-cayman
    Lin, yeah LOOK has been steadily going down, and apparently they have some major problems.
    I took a deeper look into LOOK. Nope! It's a dog. It would take a miracle for this stock to go up in price in the next year. That miracle would have to be a buyout. You've got better odds rolling the dice on the crap table.

rob10
    I looked harder at PZE as well. If you are looking for an energy stock to diversify your porfolio, this would be ok. I don't see the price moving that much. It seems to be staying at about the 20 day EMA. It closed above the 200 day MA which is always a potential turn-around sign but, the overall indications are bearish. The attraction to this stock would have to be the dividend. I think the dividend is safe for Q2 and Q3. It will probably surprize. Biggest problem is that I don't see an entry point. All the entry points were in March, prior to earnings release. I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy it.

I would like to add that the market is just a hobby for me. I'm having fun doing some DD. I'm a short term trader and yes, I make a fair amount of money doing it. But, I'm not a pro and don't profess to be!

rob10
    Did you buy PZE yet? I think I see an entry point forming?
    Do you see the mild support line?

"entry point"

Lin, Ive seen that term used a lot on some yahoo/stock message boards.

How do you determines a good entry point?

An entry point is a price that an investor believes the stock will start going up. All stocks cycle up and down. Many people, including myself, believe that these cycles can be predicted to a certain degree. Day traders make thier living on this belief.

You could fill a library with all the books on stock market technical analysis. The yahoo boards tends to call people who have studied these tendencies: techs.

Other people believe that if a company is well managed with a solid buisness plan, the stock is a good investment.

Lin, did you go for the wild ride the past two weeks with INCX?

I never did buy any, I tried to at 4 something but my friend with an offshore stock account (who was going to buy for me) got shut out. The company he has his account with went into liquidation a couple days before I decided to buy. Good thing I didnt ask him two days earlier, I wouldve got screwed even though the stock went up 40%. I wouldve got doubly screwed.

I am looking at gaming stocks. Harrah's entertainment(HET) and Boyd Gaming (BYD).

The money I win in Atlantic City will be spent on HET

check out PENN, table games soon in west va.

No, I wasn't in INCX. I've been pretty much on the side lines. I am having trouble understanding the market right now. So, I'm watching cautiously. I'll probably jump in on some small and mid pharms shortly. They tend to do well for the next few months as they try to brag at the various broker sponsered exhibits. APPX is always fun and I hope GERN will look attractive again.

I played with Harrah's last year. I did well with it. It looked like it topped out for a while so I got out and stayed out. I'll look at PENN-don't know a thing about it.

yes

Originally posted by Linden Swanson
    rob10
    Did you buy PZE yet? I think I see an entry point forming?
    Do you see the mild support line?
    1,000 shares just to test the water.

I know very little about trading also but was curious as to opinions about the upcoming satellite radio companies.

Not that I listen to Howard Stern but his moving to Sirius will probably draw lots of people to Sat radio.

XM I think has gone up in price since it's inception.

Thoughts?

billva

I glanced at the 10Q for Penn. Basically it says that they don't see much growth left in thier exisiting markets. They are on the hunt for new stuff. It didn't mention W. Virginia but did talk about Maine and Pennsylvania.

My humble opinion, it was a good buy a year ago but, the price is going sideways. I don't think it a loser but, I think it's dead money. With a PE at 37 even the dividend isn't really great.

On top of that, they are buying a competitor. The buyer normally loses on stock price while the buyee gains. They are reconsolidating debt now for more aquisitions. If the economy stays strong they'll do ok but, if the economy goes south so will this stock price-fast. I think the current down trend is due to hitting stock "targets" and some institutions pulling out.

What you; Wall Street experts, think about this stock:
    http://www.sharebuilder.com/sharebui...sp?Symbol=SIRI
    I have heard from few people that this is a good stock to buy.
    My problem is with their EPS at $-0.60.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast