Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's a horrible design, as soon as the econo gets some dust in it the gears bind against the sheet metal and the actuator dies or the gear hubs strip out. I have made the repair by replacing the gears which, while not a fun job is possible and cheaper than a new econo. Carrier never seems to have a handle on MicroMetl products. Maybe because micrometl changes their design as often as Carrier does. Moving forward, silicone at the inspection keeps the gears from binding.

Finally. I have a good answer. Good and cheap. I had the same thing happen to me. The white plastic gear splits at the square hub in the middle. I placed a gear clamp (hose clamp) on the hub. It pulls the cracked part back together thereby keeping it from spreading apart again.
    ENJOY THE RIDE

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MUNC View Post
    finally have the solution for my units. micrometl has a kit pt# 50tg680030 with instruction sheet #99ta526383a new gears and longer shaft. waiting for parts to show up then let the fun begin. will report back on the results
    sorry i didn't get back sooner, easiest way with this repair is to drill out old gear install new shaft and clamp for blade. worked out slick:

Experienced the same problem, for a quick fix I swapped the one with the cracked hub with another since the teeth were fine and only the square drive hub was cracked, I figure I have 9 more to use. Crap Carrier engineering

Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    Experienced the same problem, for a quick fix I swapped the one with the cracked hub with another since the teeth were fine and only the square drive hub was cracked, I figure I have 9 more to use. Crap Carrier engineering
    What i originally did was drop the actuator down one gear then reversed the action of the actuator. This lasted awhile till that gear broke. It took a long time tracking down the repair kit part numbers for this problem, but all in all it's done and takin care of

Carrier economizer gears

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 12-13-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: non AOP member

rogerram

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12