a/c return duct question
    I have a question on return ducts for the bedrooms in my house. We are having a convetional a/c installed in my 3 year old colonial style home next week. We decided after much debate on a 5 ton lennox single unit located in the attic which will supply the whole house(2500sq ft) in one zone. We live in New England and a/c is only used a few months a year so the return on 2 systems or even zoning was 25 years so we voted against it. The first floor will be supplied by four drops through closets on the second floor. The second floor drops will be in the ceilings as well. The proposal was for a return in the stairwell which I beleive will work great to remove the warm air from the first floor. The master bedroom is very large therefore will require a return as well. My question is that the other two upstairs bedrooms will have their doors closed 90% of the time and currently do not have returns designed in, all of the "experts" who quoted said that under the door air flow was sufficient, is it? Do i need returns in the two bedrooms upstairs? Will it make these rooms warmer not having returns? Thanks for the help

I think I'd invest some money in addition insulation, and weather stripping.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

it would make for a better job
    install a small return in each bed room and a large central return in the hall to recover the heat coming up the stairs. dont need a lot of return in the bed rooms just enough to help pull out the hot air. normaly a 7in run will do for each room