Thread: Unloader

I did'nt all info off unit..but I will..anyway has anyone heard of or setup an unloader to open from stage 2? I can't see it working thinking it needs a pressure control any ideas would be appreciated Shawn

carlyle compressor with electric unloaders.
    upon a call for the first stage the compressor comes on unloaded.
    when it calls for the second stage, the solenoid in the unloader de-energizes, which in return, loads up the head

Like Joey said, and be careful cause remember the solenoid is energized in the unloaded position, the unit uses a relay to accomplish this.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I think you should look at the wiring diagram. The coil is energized when it is time to unload. Sometimes the unloader solenoid will be wired in series with other controls to insure that the solenoids are not energized when the compressor is not running. This is done primarily to prolong the life of the coil.

Pressure controls work too. I worked on one yesterday where the Honeywell control controlled Liquid line solenoid only. Once the compressor was started, pressure controls controlled unloading.

There are so many different ways to do things. If you are designing the system yourself, you have to just pick a method based on experience, application, and equipment manufacturers recommendations.

Keep in mind that compressors shouldn't run unloaded at very low capacities. Even if the compressor discharge line is fairly cool the internal temperature of the compressor could be very warm. The lack of refrigerant flow can be confusing. Just as there is not enough flow for cooling for the internal parts, the flow rate is not enough to warm the discharge line. It can be confusing, but the internal temperature of the compressor could be 100° hotter than the discharge line while running unloaded.