Amana to Air-Ease - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boy, they've realllly cheapened Amana if the outdoor units are that similar Used to be the RCC was a nice unit. Copeland scroll with sound cover, wire top, venturi ring, comp cover... all stuff the CLJ doesn't have.

ADP and Air-Ease coils are virtually identical. But would have to know the exact coil installed and the outdoor unit chosen to know if ARI rates them as a match.

[Edited by BaldLoonie on 04-22-2005 at 05:32 PM]

What do you mean by CLJ? I'm comparing the Amana RCC and Air-Ease 12H. Did I miss something. Thanks again!

When he thought you had an Amana coil, Robo suggested going to a Goodman unit since you couldn't find an Amana. To me, there's a world of difference between the CLJ which is Goodman's 12 SEER and the RCC.

Find out the model # of the ADP installed and what size SCU12H you need.

Understood.

I think from what I have heard here, I'll be OK going with the Air-Ease 12H. I'll double check with the dealer on the coil. I don't get the impression that they are trying to cheat me, but any time things change midstream I worry.

Thanks for all of your help. It was invaluable.

I think it is a coleman(york) I just replaced one this year it was 21/2 yrs old.Had so many things wrong with it that it was cheaper to.

Baldy, I believe you are thinking of the Amana RCE 13 SEER condenser, not the RCC 12 SEER.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12