heat pump snowfilled!

After a wicked snow storm here in montreal with whipping winds, my heat pump is filled with snow. the temperatures were very cold , so aux heat was working overnight duriing storm. My question is, will my heat pump eventually start up again when temperatures stabalize?

Quote Originally Posted by speezer View Post
    After a wicked snow storm here in montreal with whipping winds, my heat pump is filled with snow. the temperatures were very cold , so aux heat was working overnight duriing storm. My question is, will my heat pump eventually start up again when temperatures stabalize?

Depends what your switchover temp is set at. If it is 35 or below I would recommend thawing it(just through the top-grill, don't remove any panels),with some luke-warm water to ensure that the fan blades aren't frozen and all system components are free.

Just make sure you kill power to the unit before you do this. If your system hasn't been serviced within the last couple of years, that would be a good time to call a pro and have it done to ensure your system is running at peak efficiency.