Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    His boss, or the guy that's doing the sales and sizing is the real problem is.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Originally posted by docholiday
    Originally posted by beenthere
    Doc, teh guy is just starting in the trade, his boss ain't going to pull that thing and install another one on his say so.

Hmm ok, I'll buy that but I bet the customer who wrote the check doesnt give a rats arse about this kid because he paid for an istallation assuming it would be completed by professionals. No crack on the kid, like he says, he just does what he's told, and I believe him. We were all new but being new doesnt mean you can get away with a poorly installed and set up system. His boss is who I have a problem with. He's the one who charged the customer and hes the one who sent them out there when they werent ready.
    You want to talk about not ready? He tells me days in advance that we have an install for monday and everything is going to be ready. He gives us a piece of paper listing all that we need for the job. Yeah right. No lumber to set the a/h on, he gives us r4.2 flex, code is r8. He gives us these chincy start collars, we just threw them out and bought self ashesive with scoops. No electrics to hook up the unit, float switch. The a/h is 5' long and 20 some inches deep. He gives us that black drip pan that is 6' long and 3' wide w/ no bulkhead fitting.
    We get to the shop at 7am to get a head start on the job. After all the running around , we get to the house at 11:00. Find out that we need a lineset (he said that it was stubbed out, it was, just 2 feet outside and inside) the lineset that was there had caps missing, no tape and oxidized to hell. We work until 330 and pack it up. The next day, we have to get a lineset, suc & liq filter driers, all the electrics, and odds and ends to make the job as good as we possibly could. We tried to make chicken soup out of chicken sheet, but this time the chicken sheet was just too powerful.

after reading all this
    i think you may have some good qualities going for you
    there is not much you can do for this guy since he doesnt seem to care or even know what he is doing
    my best advise is time to look for a new job where you can learn and do the right job
    good luck

If this becomes a regular thing, I would maybe test the waters

Originally posted by tinknocker service tech
    after reading all this
    i think you may have some good qualities going for you
    there is not much you can do for this guy since he doesnt seem to care or even know what he is doing
    my best advise is time to look for a new job where you can learn and do the right job
    good luck
    You see, that is the hard part. The company that I work for is really good. I like the div. manager (big boss), all the other people that I work with. So I'm not going to leave over petty circumstances. This is something that will and has been catching up with this individual.

I figure that if I keep at what I am doing, and of course documenting it, It might come in handy someday.

The guy that does these estimates is not a bad guy. He can actually be pretty cool. It's just he does some of the most stupid things and make my job that much harder. Pisses me off and then I go looking for mistakes that he makes. Here is a guy who claims to have 30 years experiance, has had his own business and now here he is. You know, I would not doubt his claims if it weren't so easy to pick him apart over his workmanship and quality. I figure that if a guy had 30 yrs exp. worth, we wouldn't be here discussing this 1 of many blunders and I mean many. You know somethings he is right on the money with. Most others, it's like he has a dart board over his desk with tonnage numbers in the little boxes and throws a dart to determine what size to put in to that house at that time.

You see, before I showed up at this shop, there was only 1 other guy who did A/C. Now that I am here, there are 2. The other guy is really sharp. i have learned tonnes off of him. Some things we disagree, but we agree to disagree and leave it at that. We get along pretty well. He feels much more agnst for the sr. tech. Quoting him "Stupid, Stupid man.". He and I are the ones doing the installs and together we do what we can to make it work for the customer (i.e. covering up his messes), until now. We are just following what the Sr. Tech tells us and it is just a matter of time for the call to come in with a problem. Then we start putting the nails in the coffin. Granted, customers will be disappointed (saying the least), but we are but lowly service techs.

Until next time, same bat discussion, same bat forum.

Atufano, are you working for a Service Experts shop? Sounds just like what I went through here with them before I walked. The major difference is I have lots of ecperience and there's not many good techs here. When they screwed up I called them on it and got away with it. If I were starting out I doubt I would have gotten away with it. I was always beeing told by co workers in regards to the General Manager "I've seen him fire guys for much less than what you just siad to him!" I was just laid off by the shop I went to when I left there and have alredy been indirectly offered my old job back. First it shocked me that they would want me back as I had a major attitude problem with them for being idiots and greedy. Then I thought about it and decide I would rather massage the hemeroids in a rabid monkies butt than work for them again!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123