Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Would you sell someone a new car without an engine and put the old engine from their old car in the new one?

Creating a Frankenstein monster system is certainly not doing someone with money problems any favors. What the hell good is a new unit that is most likely going to operate less efficiently then it was intended, have possible issues from the effect of the existing coil and not last as long as it was intended?

An HVAC system is a singular system that just happend to be in two parts that just happen to be seperated from each other. Think of the indoor coil as a head, the outdoor unit as a body and the lineset as a really long, skinny neck. Putting the wrong head on a body is creating a monster.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Your right! you win is that what you would like to hear?
    I am sorry I was creating a monster helping this young lady out guess she would have been better off if I would not of helped her out, and she and her kids were just sitting in the heat, yea that would have been better man what was I thinking maybe one day I will think like you and then I will be a better person, please forgive me I must have really lost it today to do something that stupid.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

The original question was "am I better off with an OEM Matched system or a computer simulated system which I dont get the same level of support from" it was just worded differently.

You, on the other hand have decided that the small difference in price between an OEM goodman coil and an ADP coil was the band that held this young family's life in the balance. Your first response was it was best that the system be matched by using OEM parts, we agreed with that point and shared some points to support it. Robo merely mentioned that the ARI guidelines are flawed in favor of aftermarket coils simply because they dont have the capcity to test thier stuff in real labs. I pointed out that support was going to be difficult.

I wonder how people lived before air conditioning in Houston... was it cooler back in those days? Its hotter than hadies there, I know, but AC is still a luxury item. The difference in price from a Goodman coil to an ADP isnt that great but the benefit of using it may be worth the small difference. The question was asked, it was pondered and responded to but no, its got to get ugly by throwing around character assasinations. I cant find a verse that supports that.

Originally posted by docholiday
    it was pondered and responded to but no, its got to get ugly by throwing around character assasinations. I cant find a verse that supports that.
    Well if you read my post "I" said I was sorry, now I can find verses on forgiving.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Don't be so hard on yourself mrbillpro, we understand you just didn't know

"Go now, and sin no more."
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123