+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quadra Fire Mt Vernon AE Auger Jam problem

Post Likes

Quadra Fire Mt Vernon AE Auger Jam problem

Hello, I need a little help. Upon startup the auger will not move forward, I hear it buzzing like electric is getting to it but it does not go forward, then auger jammed message comes up on screen, the auger will then turn backwards as programed to do. There is nothing in the auger tube. Any suggestions? THX Bill

Post Likes
    Has the auger been removed to verify nothing is in there? Just because you cleaned the tube out from the hopper doesn't mean there isn't something like a set of car keys wrapped around the auger shaft.

Post Likes
    No I did not remove the auger because the bottom screw is stripped out. I did put a small mirror inside the tube from the fire box and did not see anything in there. I have also stuck my hand in the pellet box and tried to manually turn the auger forward when the electric was applied to the motor, but it would not budge.

Post Likes
    Well if the motor is getting power (which if its buzzing, it is), and it wont turn you cannot really troubleshoot it any further without removing it. If the stove is less than 2 years old you might be able to get warranty coverage, call your dealer.

Post Likes
    I removed motor, auger turns freely, so it looks to be the motor, stove is 2.5 years old--out of warranty. THX for your help.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in