Hi

I would like to learn the some tips about the preventive maintenance for hotwater heating system.

I am following exactly the chemical treatment program provided by chemcial company; I believe proper water treatment and periodic visual inspection are main key of preventive maintenance but facing some problem such as zone valve not open etc...

Jim

Since I am not old enough in this HVAC area, sometimes, I need more time to solve a problem....

Spc you sure did post this really early in the morning. Are you having trouble sleeping or are you working on grave yard shift? Stick with your chem company recomendations and you will have less problems on the water side. But that will not prevent the occassional valve actuator or control problem.

Hold on friend.........

Dear Spc6000,

Regarding your previous post:

“Since I am not old enough in this HVAC area, sometimes, I need more time to solve a problem....”

In nine days I’ll be forty-nine years old, and after five and half years at collage full time, almost thirty-one years in the field full time, countless years of reading, study, and talking HVAC/R throughout that time I can truly say without a doubt that I too “am not old enough in this HVAC area and sometimes need more time to solve problems”.

Just remember friend…..the day you stop learning our craft, is the day you better be dead or it will be the day you turn into a fool.

Like Harv posted, if you’re asking about water treatment of the hot water system and about valves not operating, you’d probably best be served by getting the pros back on the site and then study about the entire aspect of hot water heating, including the wet, dry, and mechanical sides of this system. With that complete basic understanding, and some “real field experience” both on the P/M and on the diagnostic sides, you’d have a better foundation in taking over this or any hot water heating system.

Good luck either way though and keep posting friend.

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton

John,

ah, never mind.......

[Edited by r718 on 04-19-2005 at 12:24 AM]

Dear Brain (R718),

Speak freely my friend, everyone’s option is useful here at this thread, and on this forum. And ever post is debatable, yours, as well as mine. I could very easily see if Spc6000 still wanted to do all the repairs and P/Ming himself. If that’s the case, then we’ll try to point him in the right direction regarding his hot water system.

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton