Hi,
    Hope someone can help, just moved to las vegas area (about 60 miles away)from the east coast.My problem is that that there seems like there is no hope out here to find a good paying job. I feel that i pose, I guess a threat to people because I was a sub-contractor from where im from and that i live to far away from vegas are the two things i hear.
    I hope there is a company out there looking for a good all round tech out here .
    thanks

try some of these companies http://www.mepatwork.com/JobSeekerPa...teList/NV.aspx good luck
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5YcOeQB4I

Try this place, too... http://www.hvacagent.com

Someone else on here recommended them to me to find employees. Haven't used them yet but they seem to have a bunch of jobs.

can think of several companys here looking for qualified people. most have listings in the parts houses .

60 miles out of the way of the service area is to far. Move closer to or into a suburb and you will have much better luck. Take what you can get at a medium sized company and show them what you know. Get to know the area and if you dont make what you need then after a year or so of doing charity work find a place to make your own wage. But the biggest problem is 60 miles away. Good lord that is far.

thanks to all for your help
    I know that 60 miles is a hike for any company to give a service tech a vehicle but i will travel to and from with my vehicle and then use there truch for service or i am also qualified to do sales and estimating
    thanks again

wish i could help!

But I cant even help myself, ,,
    theres alot of companies that dont believe in anyone here, because of the extreme heat here in the summer turns alot of techs into bump n go techs, and the others just dont know what theyre doing, or seem to care, so you shouldnt have trouble finding a job, but the good jobs and the good companies are like trying to find qualified help... they are few and far between...try facilities/or union/or a company that has year round work

thank you coldspot
    yes I know about these companies thats the problem I am having they use me for as long as they need me and then let me go for someone cheeper or by the time I get them caught up. try the union idea or just apply for my license
    any thoughts

what kind of experience you have?

can you do some keying, bldg type maintenance?

"advice for ac grad moving to Las Vegas", read my reply in this post, and others they will describe basically what is going on in the hvac market out here.

60 miles may I ask which town, or city, Pahrump, or Arizona way.