+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Velocity Pressure?

Post Likes
    Has any one used the KMC SSS-1001 flow sensors to retrofit pressure dependent vavs to pressure independant. They come in three lengths dpending on the inlet size of the vav. Clearly this sensor is reading velocity pressure (diff pressure) as designd. My question is this... How does this sensor compare to the flow cross sensors that come standard with newer independent vavs? When I install a digital controller and read diff pressure will this be a usable input?
    Thanks

I posted the above on another thread wtith 0 response. I hope this forum is the right one.

The existing vav's have tempmaster floating actuators. I hope to either install J/C VMA and use the diff pressuere sensor or keep the actuators in place and go with a VAV or UNT controler. I could use the diff (velocity) pressure and program hi/lo airflow limits.

What do think. Are there other options?

Post Likes
    We've had good success using them on Honeywell smart actuators and Trane Retrofits Kits. There is always the need for calibration during setup. Its really the only option we've found. They main problem we've fouind is the hi pressure duct connection being incorrectly installed-not enough straight duct before the inlet of the VAV. I'd also like hear what others are using. Good Luck.

Post Likes
    I've also had to use these SSS-100x flow sensors in retrofit situations where the factory flow sensors were broken over the years. By simply entering a valid k-factor into the DDC controller for the size of duct we're controlling, it works great.

Post Likes
    That's good news. Thanks for the response.

Are there any good vav controlers out there that I could use with the exhisting floating actuator. I would need somthing stand alone that could be networked later.

Any sugustions?

Post Likes
    We've had very good luck with the SSS flow sensors - most of then are pretty close to being calibrated once you set up your box parameters. I've had a number of them that did not even need calibrating.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in