Hmm QuadraFire 1200 Auger motor frozen/won't budge

Appears frozen up, after probably 7 years of no use. Inherited from my brother, have read instructions and followed them, plus a lot of the instructions here. Spoke to a tech at my local QuadraFire outlet, suggested a new motor (we checked the reset button, vaccuum issue doesn't appear to be a problem, as it won't even run when pushing the main external start/reset button).

Besides applying a liberal dose of penetrating oil, any suggestions? I was able to remove the motor w/out problem, can't seem to get the auger to come off, even w/ removing the set screw...

Motor has power going to it (feels like it's "humming" when I touch it, so trying to do something), don't want to spend $180 on a new motor.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Okay, I have narrowed the problem down a bit. The motor isn't frozen, it just doesn't operate.

I removed the auger and opened the motor. The gears looked fine, still greased and the seal was holding up fine.

The problem is that the main worm-gear won't spin when under power. I plugged the unit in, powered up the furnace, hit the reset/feed button, and though the "humm" changed a bit, nothing turned.

It appears that either a) the white device that powers the magnets has failed, or
    b) there is something inside the furnace sending incorrect power to the device. I suspect "a" above.

Can I just replace the device that says "No. 7202-1368 / E6264 Type 02B / IMPEDANCE PROTECTED / Cust PN 979-0001 / RK 97"

Thanks.

That might be an old unit with a separate capacitor for the auger. That could be the problem. A tech would need to check incoming voltage to the motor to see if its a power issue or something wrong with the motor itself.

Maybe the local dealer can bench test your existing motor for you to determine if its bad for sure.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jtp10181 View Post
    That might be an old unit with a separate capacitor for the auger. That could be the problem. A tech would need to check incoming voltage to the motor to see if its a power issue or something wrong with the motor itself.

Maybe the local dealer can bench test your existing motor for you to determine if its bad for sure.
    AMAZING SOLUTION: I took the motor apart, put it back together again, and now it works. Thanks all. Here's a site in Wisc. that makes motors for some of these appliances, I found when trying to avoid paying $180 for one, theirs are around $60 or so.

http://www.multiproducts.com/gearmotors.htm

motor still bad

most likely bad in one spot and when it hits there again it wont start again..
    Have seen that happen before.

So you got a $2000 unit and so put a change jar close by so every nite when
    you dump in the pellets you get the jar full of money, then you'll have the
    $180 when it goes Tango Uniform.