Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

York ISN Connexsys Software? Anywhere?

I've made multiple phone calls to my local area York branches with no luck in finding anyone who can get me the IcE program for an ISN Connexsys system. Any one have any leads, phone numbers, or anything to point me in the right direction?

I have one digital output that is not configured properly and is causing a run away condition with the heat not shutting off. All sensor points are working, but the configuration appears not to be working correctly. I can not shut it off under any condition.

Any help and support would be great!

Thanks!

York ISN Connexsys Software? Anywhere?

knkreb
    What do you mean the digital output is not configured properly?
    Don't see an email in your profile.
    b-man

Digital output that controls the duct heater for one zone. One air handler with two sets of duct heaters. The digital output that is to control this duct heater is stuck "on". The program is reading that the call for heat for duct heater is "off", but it still runs. Under "Outputs" you can scroll through all DO's and DO2 is Heat Deck 1 Stg 1 = On. Everywhere else it says it's "off." All sensors are working properly with supply air temps for that duct heater. The zone sensor is working. Outdoor air temp is working properly. I attempted to change heater lock out by changing lockout to a temperature below current ambient, and it still continued to run. At no point anywhere by changing setpoints, etc can I get this DO2 to turn off. It doesn't appear to be a physically failed relay either, as the program is indicating state is "on."

If I could access the programming, I may be able to remedy the problem. But it sounds like just finding someone who has even heard of this control system is more difficult than the fix itself.

Thanks!

the ISN software within the controller is alot different than the Bacnet on the network, just having the ICE software isn't enough, you'll need to learn the software and how to use it, figure out how to hook the computer to the controller and then how to get to the points controlling your digital output

I work on the ISN line regularly, you need to find a YORK tech in your area who is familiar with the York controls, unfortunately Johnson drove most of the Yorkies away

YEA YEA YEA

Quote Originally Posted by DFZ View Post
    the ISN software within the controller is alot different than the Bacnet on the network, just having the ICE software isn't enough, you'll need to learn the software and how to use it, figure out how to hook the computer to the controller and then how to get to the points controlling your digital output

I work on the ISN line regularly, you need to find a YORK tech in your area who is familiar with the York controls, unfortunately Johnson drove most of the Yorkies away
    YOU SOUND JUST LIKE THE GUYS AT JOHNSON.
    "Oh, we can't give you the software, you don't know how to use it."
    You can't get the Software Guide;
    You can't get the Application manual;
    You cant do ****;
    Call us and we'll come fix it!
    HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO LEARN SOFTWARE IF YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT????
    Don't know how long you've been doing this kind of work but when it's broke field guys should know how to fix it. Call Allen-Bradley and they'll give you the entire breakdown of everything in their PLC's.
    Why won't York/Johnson???????

Well, I let some customers have access to some things to appease them... then when they goof it up, I can get the time to come in and fix it. I usually don't let them have access to the dangerous stuff.

I can usually do most of figuring out of controls, as long as I have some sort of literature to go by... but Johnson seems to keep all the secrets to themselves it seems.

It is great communities like this that you find the help that you need.

Let me ask a dumb question does it have a keypad ?
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Forgot to mention in the last post....got it fixed. It was a fine member here in this community that provided the "key" information to fix it. Keypad, yes, and fixed with accessing it. Very simple fix.. A previous tech went in and set to "manual" instead of automatic. Fixed in about 2 minutes with right info.

Places like this are priceless resources when you need wisdom, knlowlege and experience.

Thanks again!

Does it look like this ?
    mud.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !

....like? I don't see any picture... maybe because I don't rank in my status on the board or something... but I don't see any picture....

Should have posted let me try again.
    mud.

See if this works
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    mud.

That is her!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast