Retrieving my database in Johnson Controls

Hello all! I work at a facility that has Siemens, ALC, and Johnson Controls. Needless to say I suck at Johnson Controls. I recently lost my hard drive on my Johnson Controls pc, and I had to reinstall Metasys on a new one. I have an N30 connected to IP as well as my new pc, so I was able to communicate with my building through Mexplorer. Is there any way I can pull my database out of my N30 into my new pc? My original back-up is corrupt. I no longer have the ability to run graphics or use the m3 software. Thanks!

You are in a world of hurt right now. Backup the database is not too bad if you have Mtool disk. Install the system tools. run project builder. You have already done the site book thing to get Mexplorer to work. Now make a new project, add a N30, Make the N30 name match the name you see with Mexplorer. You will need to do "Edit the Site configuration" to attach it to the existing site. Now you should be able to upload the N30.

Mgraphics will require relicensing so you should work with your JCI vendor on that one. I recomend using the opportunity to install an FX20 as the M workstation and N30 are really obsolete. The N30s also have a tendency to brick themselves on downloads or power glitches.

The only programs I have on my disk are sitebook, cf connect, cf terminal, m-alarm, m-password, m3 workstation, m-authorize, m-collector, m-explorer, m-graphics, modempro, and m-trend. Looks like I am out of luck.

Network

I got lucky one time with a similar situation. The network guys had a back up of the system. Other than that you may be able to have the information recovered from the hard drive. Good Luck
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

As Bill stated, you need to have M-Tools installed on your PC. Run Project Builder to upload the database from your N30s. Where were your backups located? We backup to a USB key monthly and store the mpb file off-site for this exact situation. Its a good habit. Good Luck.