Lennox Industries gave our business the business. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nothing in writing. Probably have some sort of legal out. Thanks

Restraint of Trade

The only legal ways to cease doing business with a dealer that a distributor or manufacturer has set up previously are {1] unsolved service complaint & unwilling to try to resolve, {2] inability to pay the bills. This is why it is so very important to decide who to set up to be a dealer if the manufacturer is trying to build a protected dealer network. If you can prove Lennox cut you off & not for one of the above reasons , you are in the money. Hopefully, you have something in writing that shows where they wanted to limit where you can advertise. As a dealer, you can advertise where ever you want . If you have good law firm, they should be licking their chops. The courts take anti competitive cases very seriously & are usually biased in your favor.Unless Lennox legal department knows something I do not know, I still believe they will be back as your "buddy" in the near future. Cases like this scare manufacturers to death. Believe me, I speak from experience!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by cbmechanical
    Nothing in writing. Probably have some sort of legal out. Thanks

So if you want,just keep advertising,might want to buy a system first,force their hand,see what they say.

Anti Trust

You said you received a letter from Lennox saying they were not going to sell you anymore. If you have paid your bills & have no unsolved service complaints------you are in the money! Do like Dash says, order a unit & see if you get it. Did Lennox Co-op the $60,000.00 worth of advertising with you? If so, you have that evidence in the form of credit memos. I would not let Lennox get off easy. Instead of saying "attaboy Dave", I would be saying "whose your daddy now, Dave?" I would make em sweat. Don't get me wrong, you are better off with Trane anyway, but I would get me some spending money from Lennox.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12