carrier air cooled screw chiller/ wrong factory wiring

i had a grnded. ofm on cir b, it tripped the breaker for cir b ofm's and also shut down ctrl touch screen power, i think unit is improperly wired...

why should the control circuit be wired with the ofm cir b circuitry?? somethings not right, the unit should be able to alarm and let the user know theres a problem, not disable control circuitry everytime the ofm cir b trips

anyone got anything on this

Hey there Aircent1,

Is this a Carrier 30GX chiller? If a circuit breaker for a condenser fan on cir B Shut down your control display I would be looking to be sure power to whole chiller was not disabled. You may have tripped a ground fault for the power to the unit before the chiller. The control power for the display would come from the circuit A side of the chiller. Trace out those wiring diagrahms on the door panels. Good luck and hope you get it online soon...

is 30XA?

Quote Originally Posted by aircent1 View Post
    i had a grnded. ofm on cir b, it tripped the breaker for cir b ofm's and also shut down ctrl touch screen power, i think unit is improperly wired...

why should the control circuit be wired with the ofm cir b circuitry?? somethings not right, the unit should be able to alarm and let the user know theres a problem, not disable control circuitry everytime the ofm cir b trips

anyone got anything on this
    May or may not be correct but without a decent model number we will all just guess.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

yep

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    May or may not be correct but without a decent model number we will all just guess.
    model and serial makes me feel better.,
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Taking a guess, but believe you have a 30XA. If ordered with the factory transformer (trans 4) it is powered off the circuit B fan circuit breaker.

The control power (115vac) can either be powered from a seperate circuit in the building or from main power to the chiller with the addition of trans 4. If this is the case then it is not wired incorrectly as you can see from any of the wiring diagrams on pages 3 thru 6. If control transformer option is ordered the transformer main is wired to TB7 which is protected by circuit breaker for the circuit B condenser fans.

If this is the case, you loose more than your display, all control power is lost. Easy fix, unplug failed fan motor, reapply power, visit service, disable the B circuit so you can work on the machine while it can still run. (if need be) otherwise, lock out tag out machine, fix motor, put machine back in operation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by gyhooyabat View Post
    Taking a guess, but believe you have a 30XA. If ordered with the factory transformer (trans 4) it is powered off the circuit B fan circuit breaker.

The control power (115vac) can either be powered from a seperate circuit in the building or from main power to the chiller with the addition of trans 4. If this is the case then it is not wired incorrectly as you can see from any of the wiring diagrams on pages 3 thru 6. If control transformer option is ordered the transformer main is wired to TB7 which is protected by circuit breaker for the circuit B condenser fans.

If this is the case, you loose more than your display, all control power is lost. Easy fix, unplug failed fan motor, reapply power, visit service, disable the B circuit so you can work on the machine while it can still run. (if need be) otherwise, lock out tag out machine, fix motor, put machine back in operation.
    good explanation!
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Checkout the wiring diagram.

Quote Originally Posted by mlkwal1 View Post
    good explanation!
    No kidding, you can't get better than that.
    If you wonder why I said that, check their profile.

Thumbs down

I kinda gumbied on my previous post. Even though he said screw machine the control for the 30GB came to mind which in turn made my post usless...