+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I got the job! Now, how much is my van worth?

Post Likes
    Going back to work for Gov't. I couldn't pass it up. 1/4 mile from my house (ride my bike to work). Start me off @ $19/hour (dang good $ for these parts). They have the commercial/industrial stuff I went to school for, but never got to work on - i.e., 500 ton centrifugal, boilers, etc...
    40 hours/week, no call-outs/standby...

Aaand, I actually get to "punch out" every day and not have to think about this biz 24/7. The thought of having my life back is uplifting...

Even if it doesn't work out, I'll get some great experience on big stuff that'll make me waay more marketable in the future...

To all those who helped me on this decision a few months back - THANKS for your heartfelt comments. I really did take everything said into consideration when making this decision.

Anywaaaayy...

Now, I need to find out how much my van is worth. '01 Ram Van B2500, 32K miles. Having a hard time finding this info for a commercial vehicle. Does KBB apply to commercial vehicles, like mine that have "upfitting" (shelving, cylinder racks, window guards, literature racks, etc). I'd really like to sell it along with the inventory (fully stocked), minus tools and equipment.

Anyone interested? See a picture of it here: http://www.superior-ac.com

Thanks

Post Likes
    Nice truck, jst get that awful logo off the side of it..........
    Good luck Rob, the gov never runs out of money, at least not yet anyway.
    Hard to say what the van is worth, around 10-12K maybe?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Edmunds says 8500-11500 In my zip
    Check it yourself at
    http://www.edmunds.com/tmv/used/inde.....used.utmv.1.

They do not adjust for the add on's

Post Likes

How's that thing stay up with just two wheels?

Psychrometrics: the very foundation of HVAC. A comfort troubleshooter's best friend.

Post Likes
    Spike I sure don't blame you and hope sincerily hope you have a great time with your new job.
    Wonder how fast you will notice the petty crap fellow employees whining about and you just smile and think...what an idiot, you have no clue!

It's always a little sad for me personally when I see people that are an asset to the hvac svc business trade leave for what ever reason they need to. I recently saw 2 competitors and friends close shop.

Good luck to you Spike, I have no doubt you'll still be around here though. I know I have to check in and sometimes marvel at what can come out of Dice's mouth... it's kind of a mental sickness for me I guess.
    "The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Post Likes
    Originally posted by shophound

How's that thing stay up with just two wheels?

The speed, man... the speed!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in