Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac maniac View Post
    Did you plug/cover the hole on the back to do that? Hopefully no one actually tries this without covering the hole. Nice demonstration though. Maybe we should see if Testo or Fieldpiece would do a demo like that.
    It's a $4.50 Goretex vent cover to let the hydrogen vent from the batteries but NOT let moisture/water in.... but didn't plan for that.....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

Quote Originally Posted by hvac maniac View Post
    Do you have any idea when the paradigm manifold will be released? Will it be released with the AK900? Thanks
    yes i would like to know too
    It is what it is unless I say differently !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    I was going to tell ctcont to send that thing to Marvin in Vegas to do his drop test and 'bucket test'. A guy Marvin was touting the benefits of one of our units to, said 'yah, but what about durability and rain'......Soooooo Marvin grabbed one of our units, dropped it into a bucket of water, left for 2.5 hours and came back to get it.....fired it up and has been using it ever since.
    Even Jim Bergmann who was the tech support guy for Testo for years said 'Doug, yours is a really effective field tool, the Testo is a lab instrument'....
    doug; I must work in a lab!!!!!!!! I have had my testo for over a year with no problems!! Now I am not saying yours or theirs is a better product-- MAYBE I know how to use it and read manuals were others don't

But I am waiting for your manifold to come out-- hurry up would ya
    It is what it is unless I say differently !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by papa_jo View Post
    doug; I must work in a lab!!!!!!!! I have had my testo for over a year with no problems!! Now I am not saying yours or theirs is a better product-- MAYBE I know how to use it and read manuals were others don't

I NEED some beta testers for them...!!!!
    I don't release product 'till the 'guys in the field' approve/beat them up.....

The AK -900 must have some issues if after all this time it is still not available to buy.....what gives?!?

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    The AK -900 must have some issues if after all this time it is still not available to buy.....what gives?!?
    I will say this about the AK-900.

The unit that I tested was almost flawless. I am very happy with it as were my coworkers when they used it.

There were a couple of tiny programming glitches that Doug needs to work out with his programmer geeks.

Now, the issues were minor, amounting to 2 LCD segments on the screen. One that lit up when it shouldn't and one that should have lit but didn't. To add difficulty to this, one was an intermittent issue...

Minor issues to be sure, but you know dang well that the guys that buy it would see those 2 LCD segments and b***h to high hell about it.

That Doug hasn't sent the AK-900 out means that it isn't perfect, yet.

I don't know what your requirements for beta testers are, but I'm a guy in the field and I will put them to work. As far as beating them up... I use my tools well, but also treat them well. I've had tools that I've used the heck out of and they still look and work great. If it's beta testers you need, please put me on the list.

I bought the 1250 a few months back, and I love it. Great job on a Great product!
    Hvac Maniac

"A negative attitude cancels out positive skills."

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post

The unit that I tested was almost flawless. I am very happy with it as were my coworkers when they used it.

There were a couple of tiny programming glitches that Doug needs to work out with his programmer geeks.

Now, the issues were minor, amounting to 2 LCD segments on the screen. One that lit up when it shouldn't and one that should have lit but didn't. To add difficulty to this, one was an intermittent issue...

Minor issues to be sure, but you know dang well that the guys that buy it would see those 2 LCD segments and b***h to high hell about it.

That Doug hasn't sent the AK-900 out means that it isn't perfect,
    yet.
    JP
    Did we not re-flash that unit of yours again?

I would love to test the Paradigm manifold or the AK!!!

Have the sherman manifold that I have sent in twice under warranty to fix leaking hand valves... And it's now sitting on my dash as a paper weight. I don't want to use it because I can atleast trust my old brute manifold only had 1 leaking valve in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post

That Doug hasn't sent the AK-900 out means that it isn't perfect, yet.
    Thanx for the info JP. Sounds like they are doing the right thing by not putting this out until it is 100%.

Testo 550 in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by papa_jo View Post

Just to share my experience.....I bought a 550 in May 2010 and had it replaced under warranty 3 times. Finally I sold it on CraigsList to get most of my $ back. In the mean time I've bought a FP (Fisher Price). So far so good. I like technology and using a chart to determine required SuperHeat on a fixed metering device system seems to outdated. Hence the target S/H feature is nice.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast