Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    You need to go into "Installer Setup" screen, then go to to #220 (Cycler per hour) it should be set to 3.

With the compressor cycling that much in an hour is hard on it.. start/stop/start/stop

I do not have a 220, only a 240 listed in the book (thats the cycle rate) but that option in not available to me as my system is a heat pump.

So I guess I'm stuck or is there another way to change it?

Would you recommened I go back to my old analog unit?

Felix

[Edited by nyrfan on 04-15-2005 at 06:32 AM]

Ok, I set mine over to heat pump and I still show #220.

What is your system set up on #170? Option should be 11 or 12 w/ aux heat.

Funny, my 170 is set to 7, heat pump with aux.

The manual does not even show and option for 220 goes with from 190 (set to 0) to 240, which again is the cycle rate but it does not come up in the setting menu jumps right to 320 - F/C setting.

I know there are a ton of different model #'s for the VisionPro, mine is the RTD8500D if that helps.

Felix

[Edited by nyrfan on 04-15-2005 at 11:36 AM]

mayguy,

Here is the link to my owners manual:

http://customer.honeywell.com/Techli...0s/69-1725.pdf

I'd really appreciate your input.

Thank you,
    Felix

go to #170 and change it to 12 from 7 since you have a multi-stage heatpump. then go to # 220-270 and make your adjustments. Right now you've only got 1 stage unless it's wired incorrectly(jumpered).
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Originally posted by smokin68
    go to #170 and change it to 12 from 7 since you have a multi-stage heatpump. then go to # 220-270 and make your adjustments. Right now you've only got 1 stage unless it's wired incorrectly(jumpered).
    smokin,

Did you look at my manual, I don't even have an option for 12, 7 is my heat pump with aux. Look at page 30 for option 170.

Look at my manual posted above and advise if I'm missing something

Felix

NYRFAN/Felix:
    What's the exact model # of the stat?

Originally posted by tpa-fl
    NYRFAN/Felix:
    What's the exact model # of the stat?
    RTH 8500D which I now belive is just a vision, not a vision pro from doing some research.

Is this correct?

Felix

I don't think you have all of the options on 8500. That is a consumer (DIY) thermostat. The 8320 has those extra options. Honeywell thermostats are very accurate therefore very short cycle times with no way to adjust. You may have to go with the pro version if you want more adjustments to cycle times.

Originally posted by ckr74
    I don't think you have all of the options on 8500. That is a consumer (DIY) thermostat. The 8320 has those extra options. Honeywell thermostats are very accurate therefore very short cycle times with no way to adjust. You may have to go with the pro version if you want more adjustments to cycle times.
    I'm not really worried about having the cycle control "UNLESS" cycling to much will ruin my system in some way. Do you think this t-stat would be ok for my system?

Thanks all,
    Felix

Cycling "too often" is not good for any system.

You bought the "Home depot" stat, correct?

If you spend the jack to have the better professionally installed version put up, you will get the results you are looking for...
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Looking through the manual... that's definitely *not* the same stat as the VisionPRO series. A cursory glance at the manuals shows that the remote sensors (indoor & outdoor) are missing on the 8500, the software's definitely different, and the stat isn't able to use the 24vAC to power itself & the backlight. The 8500 appears to only be capable of single stage cooling with a heat pump, and you've indicated that you have a multi-stage Trane. Not sure if you were referring to just heat or both heating & cooling. If the latter, you absolutely need a different thermostat to get both stages of cooling to work properly.

Difficult to say what other shortcuts Honeywell took, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some physical differences that were employed to save costs as well.

Software-wise, the 8500 stat has almost nothing adjustable compared to the true VisionPRO series. Even the key sequence to get into the installer mode are different. The 8500 also lacks the fan circulation mode, auto changeover, limits, compressor lock-out based on outside temperature, heat stage selection based on outside temperature, and probably quite a few other things that I've not even used yet. If it were me, I'd call up a pro and have them install the pro version. It sounds like Honeywell went cheap to get their DIY stat on the shelf and left out some rather useful things in the process. I can understand why they left out some of the options, as an unknowing homeowner could really screw up their system in choosing the wrong options, but still...they've done more than just neuter the VisionPRO stats to make the RTH8500.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast