Thread: Install Hell

Arrow

Does it get any better than this?..

All the grey pipe is high pressure water, it's every where we try to stand, no cat walk, no platform.

In the morning I am taking the cordless frame nail gun, the cordless skill saw, some 2x6 and 1x6 and see if I can't straddle all that crap and build an access we can at least work ....

This house has 7 Systems, these have been the worse of 4 we have done. We will be replacing these with 2-stage VS 80%, Puron TZA ac, zoning each system . So far we have installed 16 zones, these will compromise of an additional 8 zones when were finished ( 3 left)

29 tons of cooling...

I have posted some pics in the past of this project it is of a customers residence which we also do thier commerical work, some walkins and comfort cooling

this photo belong to that condenser near the stream..
    These are the zoning controls we use, Zonex formerly Californai Exconomiser. This is a prematue photo before the job was complete and cleaned up. Things such as the gas supply were temp, we always tidy up. Thats an electronic by-pass, I hate barametric with a passion...

Besides I never post but very few of completed projects... You guys are animals when it comes to other peoples work... But I like to share a little :-)

[Edited by AllTemp on 04-14-2005 at 07:01 AM]
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

The first (old unit)pics look bad. Even your pretty helper is turning on you. The salesman should have figured the platform into the installation cost.
    Our company wanted me to do AC this year. I said mo money. They said how about $1 more. I laughed. I said $24/hr and I would do it. Now that I remember those hot attics I'm glad they said no.
    Thanks for the reminder of why I won't do it.

[Edited by oil lp man on 04-14-2005 at 06:20 AM]

$$$$ It's Built In...

Originally posted by oil lp man
    It looks bad. Even your pretty helper is turning on you. The salesman should have figured the platform into the installation cost.
    Our company wanted me to do AC this year. I said mo money. They said how about $1 more. I laughed. I said $24/hr and I would do it. Now that I remember those hot attics I'm glad they said no.
    Thanks for the reminder of why I won't do it.
    Your welcome...

I'm the saleman and this project would blow the minds of the average HVAC contractor. I allowed 3 extra man hour days and plenty of extras to cover any surprises. What yu cannot see int his photo is one plenum noses into an alcove you cannot even see the duct take offs let alone touch them... The furances picture here will be replaced with new ones reconfiguredfor accesability. We will hang them from threaded rod an uni-strut.

That pretty little girl knows her stuff and gets [b]MO money[b], typically a $200.oo day for her...

Gonna have to talk to her though about being out of uniform. I'll have to write her up a warning I suppose....

Dagnamit, all the paper work!

[Edited by AllTemp on 04-14-2005 at 06:55 AM]

We need an installer that looks like that!

What every HVAC company needs a pretty little female installer in tight jeans a tee shirt AND with makeup on. I'll bet you don't get as much work outta the guys as you do outta her.

Careful guys... thats somebody's daughter you're lusting after... could be Mel's...

That's right, Mel does have a couple a daughters. U put them to work in the attics Mel?

Post Just one...

Originally posted by BaldLoonie
    That's right, Mel does have a couple a daughters. U put them to work in the attics Mel?
    Responded to this once I guess I just previewed the reply...

Thats Melissa she's been in the trade now better part of 5 years and has been goign to work with dad all here life. She runs circles around many of the guys.

She can make quick work of attic work like you've seen in the pictures. She keep them guys inline, I don't worry about her, I worry about the guys that can't keep up!

Re: Just one...

Originally posted by AllTemp
    I don't worry about her, I worry about the guys that can't keep up!
    Never Mind
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

Looks like it's going well there. I like the truck.

Whelp! Guess I killed that thread!