Thread: who kmows?

Question

Our number one tech has moved back to his prior commisioning position within our company. I've been given his accounts some of which have dial up access. Examples would be carrier's comfort controls, Mcquay microtech II with "I NET" software, Trane tracer. Does anyone offer training on basic service oriented proceeders when working with BAC. I have the HVAC mechanical background and would like to move into the controls arena. I'v looked at the major manufactures Carrier, Johnson Controls, Trane but they seem to be offering training specific to their equip.
    Im looking for some friendly advise, someone to point me in the right direction.

You are at the right place for general questions... as far as control training across all the majors, I'm not aware of any.

In my Opinion, The hardware is the key to learning controls, Electronics, Electric, Computer Skills and Imagination. These are the Keys, from one control system to another. The BI, DI, AI, AO,BO,BI are all the same no matter what control system you are working on or in.

Most local colleges offer electronics, computer, programming (boloan logic) and networking courses.

As for the programming each system has it’s own ups and downs. The current direction of the Market is LON and Tridom.

The great thing about LON is the plug ins are fairly easy to configure and the Networking side once understood can be applied to most LON systems.