Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: to mark beiser

  1. #1
    42yrs exp is offline Professional Member BM -bad email address
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    176
    Post Likes
    Your answer to "why do you want to know."

    On a 3 ton attic job some of the guys I know in the business will use 7 (or 6) flex duct to the rooms in the house. So, using the duct calculator using .10 friction per 100 ft. a 7 inch duct will supply about 160 CFM to a room.

    I was wondering how many Btu's per hour will be removed from the room under those conditions?







  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    6,251
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by 42yrs exp
    So, using the duct calculator using .10 friction per 100 ft. a 7 inch duct will supply about 160 CFM to a room.
    There is a good possibility that the airflow is nowhere close to 160 CFM.
    These guys are creating a tremendous business opportunity for you by installing duct systems this way.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    70,235
    Post Likes
    Depending on the length of run, that 7" could be delivering 180 cfm, or 120.

    They make a duculator for flex, you should order one.

    As I'm sure some one may have told you already, if you do a room by room manual J, that will tell you how many cfm, each room requires.


    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    70,235
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by beenthere
    Depending on the length of run, that 7" could be delivering 180 cfm, or 120.

    They make a duculator for flex, you should order one.

    As I'm sure some one may have told you already, if you do a room by room manual J, that will tell you how many cfm, each room requires.

    A manual d will tell you what friction to use, which will tell you what size flex to run.


    That is, if you want to go by the book.

    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Posts
    18,836
    Post Likes
    It's not the length of the 7" run that determines the cfms delivered.

    Check out Man. D @ http://www.acca.org

    It's the total equivalent length of the longest supply and return path,which determines the Friction Rate to use on the ductolator,which tells you how many cfms a 7" flex can deliver at that FR.

    7" flex,is likely somewhere beteen 80 to 120 cfms,per a flex ductolator.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    70,235
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by dash
    It's not the length of the 7" run that determines the cfms delivered.

    Check out Man. D @ http://www.acca.org

    It's the total equivalent length of the longest supply and return path,which determines the Friction Rate to use on the ductolator,which tells you how many cfms a 7" flex can deliver at that FR.

    7" flex,is likely somewhere beteen 80 to 120 cfms,per a flex ductolator.
    LOL... Ok, I'll sit corrected.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Quality Home Comfort Awards